Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

have you deleted your FacePlant account yet?

Canada EH

I just read that they are changing their policy yet again. I cant find anything on it, but its news worthy thats for sure. Something about search engines being able to get your info now.

I was randomly scrolling the whatever you call it, and someone posted you must type out a statement to have your info private.

I am never on, I was thinking about an addicted FacePlant user to see what she is eating today, but ran across the privacy issue. I guess it made the news, atleast the TV news somewhere, not sure where that guy is.

I actually deleted my 8 items first, but didnt know what to do with the 2 Likes. I did not want to feel as though if I unliked it they would feel offended. Which caught me up in a catch 22 and I said FU FB!

So please, get the news on FB and read it.

I dont give a Fuck about FB.

People are crazy on there. Posting their trips, like "Look at meeeeee!" LOLOL or they post up what they eat, or what they did for the day. Like literally everyday, what addicts. Every single day, crazy.

I cant find no article on it so if someone has the skillz, would be delighted.

I deleted my FB account after 3 months of use about 10'ish years ago.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 20 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I never had one until 2017 when my job forced me to. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

15 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I was randomly scrolling the whatever you call it, and someone posted you must type out a statement to have your info private.

That stuff has been happening since FB was created. It's basically like those chain letters about "like this or your mum will die" etc. Started by someone as a joke and people just keep going with it.

I still have a FB but don't use it, all it has is my name and an obscured photo, all my posts are deleted, no personal information. The only reason I keep it is just in case I need to contact someone and I only have them in FB, eg a cousin or something

🌲🌲🌲

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

how does that work? o_o they wanted employees to have a profile for accountability or for bossing them off-hours? o_o (yeah I'm too out of touch for my good ,_,)

no as  function of the job, give me amin access to company FB to make edits to fb stuff if I need to, but I rarely need do I literally have a guy for that, if I do need to it's an emergency and specific to my timezone. Wanted to make a no name account but NOOO. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

how does that work? o_o they wanted employees to have a profile for accountability or for bossing them off-hours? o_o (yeah I'm too out of touch for my good ,_,)

Depending on the job you go for some companies won't employ people unless they can check your facebook profile to better understand what sort of person they are hiring.   I've heard HR people say if you don't have a facebook then they are suspicious you are hiding something.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i never registered fb because i think its a waste of time from the get go

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

32 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Depending on the job you go for some companies won't employ people unless they can check your facebook profile to better understand what sort of person they are hiring.   I've heard HR people say if you don't have a facebook then they are suspicious you are hiding something.

Then that's not somewhere I want to work if they are essentially accusing you of hiding stuff from them because you don't have a FB

🌲🌲🌲

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Then that's not somewhere I want to work if they are essentially accusing you of hiding stuff from them because you don't have a FB

It's not somewhere I think many would want to, To be honest I don't know how wide spread that is, but I have heard it first hand and it really wouldn't surprise me if its true in some of the smaller manufacturing  industries where its harder to find diligent workers because the jobs are essentially unskilled.

I am lucky in that I am 43 and have only had 3 job interviews my entire life.  1 at 16 which I didn't get,  1 which the company told me I only had to sit through as a matter of protocol and one when I was 18.  The rest of the time I have either been head hunted or worked for myself.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

never had one, never going to get one. gets some people pretty pissed at me but fuck anything about that company. i will not use their shit unless i absolutly have too. i have reluctantly used Instagram for the student body council but thats it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have had a Facebook-account in the past, but... well, I never learned to like it. I'm an antisocial creep with Asperger's Syndrome and I just can't bring myself to care one whit about the stuff neurotypical people seem to enjoy, like e.g. all those motivational posters, spreading all sorts of "viral"-videos etc., baby-/pet-/holiday-/etc. pictures, or obsessing over this or that famous person. If you don't do any of that stuff, then there's little point in using Facebook in the first place, and so I ended up deleting my account.

Disclaimer: if you are one of those neurotypical people I mentioned above who enjoy that kind of stuff....this wasn't meant as an insult towards you. I'm just stating that I am unable to enjoy those things, myself.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I do not really care about companies or search engines having info about me and I do have company community page on there, where I can gather useful info about my work so I consider that almost a necessity. I also use FB as a way to contact people I am not in daily contact and using just SMS or phoning would not be sufficient.

I also very rarely even post or upload something on FB and I basically unfollowed my every friend, because I do not care about the little things they post there. My feed is basically only posts from some youtubers, companies etc. that I am interested in. I do not get the FB crazed people mentality at all.

So nope, I have not deleted my FB and I won't for quite some time.

Never had a Facebook profile (at least not willingly).

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

Yep. Had an HR person call me back after an interview and they pretty much told me that.

She basically told me that I was a perfect candiate for the job, but they couldn't deal with asocial behavior (which is attributed to me not showing up on Facebook). 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I have it deactivated in case I need stuff for later

I had a fake name using a photoshoped ID card anyways

Intel Core i3-10100 - Gigabyte Z490M - HyperX DDR4 16GB  - 500W - 1x 1080p - macOS 12 Monterey, Windows 11

Intel Core i5-4210U - Acer Aspire E5-573G - 8GB - 768p - macOS 11 Big Sur, Windows 11
iPhone 12 - iOS 15

Search engines have always been able to see facebook profiles, and you have been able and will always be able to turn the feature off.

Not particularly bothered personally, I don't really post that much on it, all that's ever posted to my profile is 'happy birthday' posts, meme tags and other people's photos of me. I'm fine with everyone seeing this, although if you look at my profile as a non-friend, most of my info and stuff is private. 

I'll probably never get rid of it because I'm tied into it for messaging, Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp seem to be worse in every way to Facebook Messenger.

bgGuECR.png

I never made one

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

16 hours ago, Arika S said:

all it has is my name and an obscured photo, all my posts are deleted, no personal information. The only reason I keep it is just in case I need to contact someone and I only have them in FB, eg a cousin or something

Yeah same as me, real name, some whirly pictures where you couldnt recognize anyone except if you knew them. I had a few likes and comments, all deleted before I deleted the account. I find it funny the people that have hundreds of strangers as their "friends" LOL

My fictitious account was like that. Even had someone message all my "friends" it was quite funny, no one can take a joke. Insensitive as it was, I found it quite funny!

I wonder what the psychological term is for people who post everything about their lives for current employers, future employers, bf's, gf's, csis/cia/fbi/rcmp/dets/pigs to see.

I know it has to do with ego, narcissism, definitely addiction to social media.

Just imagine the pyschological profile Marky Suckerberg has on billions of people, all for sale.

55 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I wonder what the psychological term is for people who post everything about their lives for current employers, future employers, bf's, gf's, csis/cia/fbi/rcmp/dets/pigs to see.

definitely ego.

even before i ended up deleting all my information and posts, before i posted anything, i always asked myself "who actually cares about this?" so 90% of what i was going to post never did, i'm not special, so why do people care?

The people that post a lot make me think that they believe the are the center of attention and that everyone around them wants to know everything about them, the people that crave attention and get upset when they don't get it. i knew so many girls that would post themselves all dolled up saying "I'm so ugly XD" and then feed off the "no, you're not" "you're so pretty" comments.

🌲🌲🌲

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

The people

Well I know for a fact she used to have problems. For some reason I think I drove her to Servants housing once so there is that part of her life, surprisingly she is not far from that field of sidewalk work, working in Massage industry ;) if you know what I mean. I used to drink pretty heavily with her and now she married into money, well his family is rich, he however, 10 yrs back or so, got the midnight special one night in open dorms at the High Desert State Penal System in California, that is how he got his speech, facial impediments and walking with a limp, from what I've been told. She has a baby now, and he works at a halfway house, those type think they can save the world once they are off the junk and gang life.

I feel sorry for minors who do not have a choice in whether their image is posted online. Why would parents want perfect strangers to have photo's of their children is beyond belief. I never paid much attention to her content, just a picture or two the two times i logged in a year. She is a beautiful lady, but there tends to be a lot of those marriages. Sick marrying the sick aka Damaged goods marrying damaged goods. Their child has very little chance with the gene's that came out of that couple.

Another guy I know, hockey enthusiast and not so good Christian, but he puts on a good show. Everytime he is posting hockey or verses from the Bible. Little do people know his deep dark secret, he is a con artist. Stole money from a dying man whom had 40 yrs of sobriety. He also stole from the church, then moved to the other end of town. He is on everyday on Facebook, same old song and dance. He once asked me for $20 for gas money, I felt the bad vibe right then and there. I knew of his history in a vague way, he did a fed bit, probably for money and bad checks. He is always smiling though, seems to always have a tan. He was complaining about not being able to enter the states. Its not hard to do.

Another fella, know him vaguely, he seems slick to me, always got something going on on Facebook. Asking for "talented voices", wanting unique ads. So yeah he is advertising in FacePlant his business. Painting and "Jack of all trades, master of none" so anything for a buck. There is a very good chance he is a slick fraudster.

Yet another guy. Stole about $4M from rich people, wont get into it here, but you could tell he was a slick mofo. He had a great business going, so my personal thoughts were that he just decided to retire. The charges were nothing serious, like maybe a year on some Service Alberta charges, if that. I bet he is on a beach somewhere, smoking his herb, cooking up his next scam once his nest egg runs out when he switches it up to coke. He had a good setup, women as his sidekick for the business, so that is a great face for the company. The Rich just flawked to him, even Wayne Gretsky and that LGBQTi woman hockey player, he nabbed her and her family, sick coin.

I often pay attention to how longs its been since that right hand side of people on the list were on. Its the same people on everyday. Gotta wonder how often they log into their account in a day.

Its just very interesting how the human mind works.

I use it for communication. FB has community pages for my city I use and university groups etc. Great for work, and I’m not an old man so everyone I know uses FB on the regular, so messenger and tinder is a great way to keep in touch. Often local news is on FB faster than news sites, and our local reporter uploads there first before the news sites. Great to name and shame bad drivers and lost and found etc. 

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

The people that post a lot make me think that they believe the are the center of attention and that everyone around them wants to know everything about them, the people that crave attention and get upset when they don't get it. i knew so many girls that would post themselves all dolled up saying "I'm so ugly XD" and then feed off the "no, you're not" "you're so pretty" comments.

See I do that too, but people just agree lol. 

Nah but it’s nice to see what everyone’s up to and have a wee yarn. Don’t really post on FB much, but comment a lot, other than profile pics etc. Thoughts are for Twitter, photos are for Instagram now. Don’t use LinkedIn, but I should. Still do use Snapchat sometimes. 

Still have mine, somebody from the forums found me on a group the other day and recognized me from here, hehe.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

20 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Pathological narcissism.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

I deleted it YEARS ago, and even when I had it I barely used it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

I could delete my Facebook account because I barely use it. I just it to check out what old schoolmates and friends do.