Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A couple questions for my first build.

PoopRocket

So I have three possible builds in mind, and the cheapest one I have is this one: 

I am wondering if this build will be viable in the future because in my current situation, I might not be able to build it right away. I am also wondering about any cheaper alternatives to install Windows 10 because my current win10 is OEM, so I can't transfer it (at least I don't think I can), and I don't want to purchase the full package. 

I would make a few changes:

• I wouldn't buy that motherboard because (no USB-C, "weak" looking power delivery, not the best audio chip)
    I would suggest the "Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro" or "ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming"
  • I never heard of that ssd brand and the hard driver is listed at 150$ ??
    I would change the ssd to something like "Corsair Force Series MP300"
  • I'm not a fan of XFX. They are not bad but IMO their cards are really noisy and hot.
    I would, personally, buy the "ASUS Dual Radeon RX 580 OC"
  • You should also go with a higher watt psu. Your system will consume > 350W under full load.
    I would suggest "be quiet! Pure Power 10 500W" or "be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W"

As for the Windows licence. I transferred my OEM licence to 3 different systems now and I only had to do the activation through the service hotline. You don't actually speak to an employee you just type the licence info into your phone and a computer voice will "talk" to you.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

5 hours ago, crosstiger said:

I would make a few changes:

• I wouldn't buy that motherboard because (no USB-C, "weak" looking power delivery, not the best audio chip)
    I would suggest the "Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro" or "ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming"
  • I never heard of that ssd brand and the hard driver is listed at 150$ ??
    I would change the ssd to something like "Corsair Force Series MP300"
  • I'm not a fan of XFX. They are not bad but IMO their cards are really noisy and hot.
    I would, personally, buy the "ASUS Dual Radeon RX 580 OC"
  • You should also go with a higher watt psu. Your system will consume > 350W under full load.
    I would suggest "be quiet! Pure Power 10 500W" or "be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W"

As for the Windows licence. I transferred my OEM licence to 3 different systems now and I only had to do the activation through the service hotline. You don't actually speak to an employee you just type the licence info into your phone and a computer voice will "talk" to you.

Thanks for the suggestions! Do you also mind looking at this build: 

This was the first build I had my mind set on. Is there any change you would make to make it cheaper? Or should I just save up for this build?

1 hour ago, PoopRocket said:

This was the first build I had my mind set on. Is there any change you would make to make it cheaper? Or should I just save up for this build?

Build looks good.

Personally I would still choose the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro but at this point it's just personal preference.

Well the only thing I can think of to make it cheaper is to wait. At least 'til the end of next week as AMD will most likely say something about the next gen of Ryzen. Even if there will be no massive improvements with the next gen the prices of current gen will likely go down a bit further.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

31 minutes ago, crosstiger said:

Build looks good.

Personally I would still choose the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro but at this point it's just personal preference.

Well the only thing I can think of to make it cheaper is to wait. At least 'til the end of next week as AMD will most likely say something about the next gen of Ryzen. Even if there will be no massive improvements with the next gen the prices of current gen will likely go down a bit further.

Yea that's what I've been told. I don't think I'm building it any time soon, because I am heavily considering a summer job to pay for the expenses of the pc. Thanks for all your help! 

10 hours ago, PoopRocket said:

Yea that's what I've been told. I don't think I'm building it any time soon, because I am heavily considering a summer job to pay for the expenses of the pc. Thanks for all your help! 

You're welcome

Greetings from germany