Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did I install these Corsair LL120's properly

Thenelwave

So I'm no pc builder, I had someone build it for me
but I know what most parts are and do today I decided to remove the
rgb fans i had installed last week (Enermax) and replaced them on my own watching a semi tutorial on youtube
these were the LL120 (3pack) with the node pro and hub
I did not know where exactly to connect the PWN fan connectors did I say that correctly?
so I plugged them into the NZXT Kraken x57 fan PWM slot since I was replacing the two fans on my Kraken with RGB fans in this case the
Corsair. I plugged all 3 PWM Fan connectors to it. I just want to make sure I did this correctly and
if it gives off the correct voltage or if that's something I shouldn't worry about. I was unaware if my mobo had PWM slots and the NZXT H500i case 
did have a hub that it came with but when I connected the PWM fans to it they lit up but did not spin. When I connected them to my AIO they lit up
and they spinned.

My parts for reference

Case - NZXT H500i 

Mobo - ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

CPU - Ryzen 2700x

CPU Liquid Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 

GPU - Msi Ventus Rtx 2080

SSD - Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

HD - BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA

RAM - G.Skill Tridentz 3200MHz RGB 

Power Supply -EVGA G3

If I understand correctly what you did, I think you should be fine.  

Edit:  Just to be sure... two fans are going on the radiator and one is a case fan?  Basically just means your case fan will be spinning up the same way as the rad fans.  I’d probably try to find a different fan header for the case fan but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t.

Case has hub which would need to be connected to PSU with SATA cable to provide power. Mobo also had PWM headers, multiple ones (just look at the manual) like the one your AIO pump uses.

But you are fine as is. Difference is in how you can control fans than anything else. Like you now need to use CAM instead of Asus software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv