Whats the idle Temp of an MSI ARMOR GTX 1070 8GB?

LamoidZombieDog

Hey, So i noticed My computer was making noise. And being my computer is normaly Silent, it seemed Od. i checked my fan speeds, and one was at 800RPM, when they normaly all sit at about 400 RPM. now i had checked my program CAM, and it said my motherboard was at like 300F, Along with my GPU being fairly hot too (dont remember exact temp). 

i proceeded to open my case, and turn 3 of my case fans to the max 800RPM, and one to 1300RPM. This means all the case fans were on Max Speed, and the side door was off. it stayed at the same tempature. i shut down my pc and let it sit for an hour while i ate. i came back, and i Booted the PC up, and it went to 135F. its now sitting at 126-135F at a 1-4% load With no games or anything that requires the GPU running.

eade5be362ea44dfcb76bde3191c65c6.png

So what should the tempature be at What should the temperature be at this load? (basicly idle? not sure why its at 3-5% doing nothing but what ever.) i couldnt find the idle temp info anywhere. By the way Cam still thinks my motherboard is 300F which clearly isnt true. 

image.png.fbcf0d0343a4ba3887bb1116abe416f9.png

***Fan speeds don't count, there's only 1 Fan plugged into the Motherboard***

So regardless to the fact that cam cant detect my motherboards tempature, i want to make sure my computers fully Fine and not just being stupid  :P

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Only had an Armour 980ti in the past but generally there pretty well known for poor thermals, almost 60C is too hot for idle i'd say.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

From my experience that cooler is not that great, and can be worse than reference coolers.  I've heard idle temps can be around 50-55c with that card.  

Alright. ive never noticed it beign that hot (and why is it at 4% while doing nothing?) but then again ive never monitored it constantly like i did with my gigabyte gtx 1050 2GB so

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

@LamoidZombieDog those temps could be your MOS. Mine sometimes reached 102-108C (before OC) Only component on the board I can think off maybe running that kind of temp and not breaking. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

11 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Alright. ive never noticed it beign that hot (and why is it at 4% while doing nothing?) but then again ive never monitored it constantly like i did with my gigabyte gtx 1050 2GB so

A 4% idle load is normal, most likely your monitoring program causes that. You could try fine tuning the fan curve and set them a bit higher at idle. But as long as the card doesn't massively throttle under load i wouldn't worry. 60°C aren't an issue as long as it doesn't overheat under load....