Need help choosing a new phone

Hello. My samsung galaxy s4 recently stopped working and I need to buy a new phone but I'm having difficulty finding a good upgrade. I'm hesitant to buy a samsung phone because of the battery incident at least without hearing other peoples opinions first. I'm looking for a android phone, no smaller than the galaxy s4, preferably round edges, a removable battery and a decent battery life at least and doesn't have to be ultra thin. Price preferably under 400$.

One Plus 6 is a very nice phone and probably fits with all your needs. Also fits in your price range

15 minutes ago, Shadowz133 said:

a removable battery

Yeah I have no idea.

Just now, Mayushii said:

Yeah I have no idea.

Oh wait a one plus doesn't have that. No need for a removable battery in 2019 lmao. If you need to restart a phone by force, most phones have that done with buttons and all that. 

18 minutes ago, Shadowz133 said:

a removable battery

LG v20, LG G5. I don't know any newer good phones which support that. But the LG v20 and G5 had very good specs for the time, so they should last a while. I would go for the v20 out of these 2.

If you can live with non removable battery then the choices grow exponentially.

Note 9, P20, Sony xz3, s9,  any recent flagship really.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

5 minutes ago, Mayushii said:

Yeah I have no idea.

me neither on that one thing...

xiaomi mi 8 is doing me really well since I have it, but miui is something you like or you don't

23 minutes ago, Shadowz133 said:

Hello. My samsung galaxy s4 recently stopped working and I need to buy a new phone but I'm having difficulty finding a good upgrade. I'm hesitant to buy a samsung phone because of the battery incident at least without hearing other peoples opinions first. I'm looking for a android phone, no smaller than the galaxy s4, preferably round edges, a removable battery and a decent battery life at least and doesn't have to be ultra thin. Price preferably under 400$.

Pocophone f1

4 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

Xiaomi Mi 8

(Non-Removable Battery btw, sorry but we are in 2019 :z)

2 minutes ago, Zorba2.17 said:

Pocophone f1

Just saying, if op wants oled, I have to agree with Od1sseas... but from my experience with both they are both great. but o boy, oled

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Just saying, if op wants oled, I have to agree with Od1sseas... but from my experience with both they are both great. but o boy, oled

OLED the best. LCD should die already

3 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

wow... that's a bit harch... the pocophone has a pretty nice lcd...

it is just something we shouldn't be seeing on actual flagships (ahem apple)

1 minute ago, Od1sseas said:

I dont agree, there are some pretty awesome LCD IPS displays out there and xaomi certainly has soome good ones, OLED again should be preference at that device size it dosen't even matter that much.

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

if he is asking for user replaceable batteries, I bet he'd care less about OLED. The best price-performance hands down pocophone f1 at least the battery is accessible.

I have owned 3 Samsung phones, the two most recent being the Note 4 and currently the Note 8 and I love them. The battery issue of the Note 7 is long gone (and affected less people than most believe). The Note 9 is another great phone, however, its expensive. You could shoot for a One Plus phone to shave the cost down or check out Swappa. It's basically like eBay but specifically for phones. I bought my 128gb Note 8 (barely used) through Swappa for $650 last April which is far cheaper than what it would normally be back then.

Don't get an iPhone

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

1 minute ago, Zorba2.17 said:

I dont agree, there are some pretty awesome LCD IPS displays out there and xaomi certainly has soome good ones, OLED again should be preference at that device size it dosen't even matter that much.

if he is asking for user replaceable batteries, I bet he'd care less about OLED. The best price-performance hands down pocophone f1 at least the battery is accessible.

It is? you need some good tools then I guess... but the mi8 will be harder, agree with that...

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

It is? you need some good tools then I guess... but the mi8 will be harder, agree with that...

Yes! the back cover is just plastic and removable. but some basic tools can enable you to remove the battery pretty easily.

I would say the LG G6 is a good smartphone that floats around USD $200-300. It has a 5.7 inch LCD display, wireless charging, and a decent sized 3300 mAh battery. The software isn't good, it's kind of trash tbh, but the rest of the phone is very well-rounded, with rounded edges.