Under the sea, Microsoft tests a datacenter that’s quick to deploy, could provide internet connectivity for years

Tomi123

The article is from microsoft and i thought it was really intresting 

https://news.microsoft.com/features/under-the-sea-microsoft-tests-a-datacenter-thats-quick-to-deploy-could-provide-internet-connectivity-for-years/?ocid=FY19Rht_soc_omc_br_tw_ProjectNatickRH3&utm_source=Direct

Basicly they are putting containers underwater with servers and they will try to make them so that they can sustan themself

Just now, Mayushii said:

Isn't that old news? Heard of that a while ago.

But now its actualy on the water

9 minutes ago, Tomi123 said:

https://news.microsoft.com/features/under-the-sea-microsoft-tests-a-datacenter-thats-quick-to-deploy-could-provide-internet-connectivity-for-years/?ocid=FY19Rht_soc_omc_br_tw_ProjectNatickRH3&utm_source=Direct

Basicly they are putting containers underwater with servers and they will try to make them so that they can sustan themself

My thoughts:

Cool idea im just wondering how long can it last the tank were the servers are located because that could be an issue

49 minutes ago, Tomi123 said:

Article is from June 2018 and was posted and discussed back then.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

-= Locked =-

Topic does not meet posting guidelines, news is 7months old. Was already posted and discussed.  Of you would like to post an updated article to discuss the topic as it sits today please so but be sure follow the guidelines in doing so.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER