Never built or bought a gaming pc need help with my first

So, I'm trying to figure out prices and what I want to get. I'm from the U.S.. I have a 65" 4k tv that I plan to use as my monitor. As the title says this will be my first gaming PC. I've done some research and I think I understand the basics of what I'm trying to do. So first I'll put the link of what I was looking at for all the components that I'd need.

https://www.pcmag.com/article/363417/how-to-build-a-kick-ass-gaming-pc-for-less-than-1-000

Next is the link for the 4k prebuilt that I used as a starting point for pricing.

https://techbuyersguru.com/best-2500-extreme-4k-gaming-pc-build-january-2019

Here is the list of components that Im so far leaning towards. 

case -

darkflash phantom black ATX mid-tower

$199.99

cpu -

intel core i9-9900k

$539

motherboard -

ASRock Z390 phantom gaming 6 LGA 1151 (300 series)

$185.99

gpu -

GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB 

$789.99

memory (ram) - 

Corsair Very RGB pro (4x8GB) 32GB 3200MHz

$299.99

storage -

Crucial MX 1TB

$129

Power supply -

EVGA Supernova G2 750w

$103.09

So far before tax it's $2,248.04. I'm trying for a 4k capable gaming PC with the possibility of overclocking. My questions are, would this set up work? Would it be capable of what I'm looking for? Is there anything that is better than what was mentioned that is cheaper?  Or what components Don't matter for what I'm trying to do that I could just find the cheapest ones of? Is there anything else that is absolutely needed? also with most of my starting knowledge coming from those two links and looking at the specs of the stuff, how would you say I did with choosing components?(last question is out of personal curiosity)

5 minutes ago, Game4life said:

So, I'm trying to figure out prices and what I want to get. I'm from the U.S.. I have a 65" 4k tv that I plan to use as my monitor. As the title says this will be my first gaming PC. I've done some research and I think I understand the basics of what I'm trying to do. So first I'll put the link of what I was looking at for all the components that I'd need.

https://www.pcmag.com/article/363417/how-to-build-a-kick-ass-gaming-pc-for-less-than-1-000

Next is the link for the 4k prebuilt that I used as a starting point for pricing.

https://techbuyersguru.com/best-2500-extreme-4k-gaming-pc-build-january-2019

Here is the list of components that Im so far leaning towards. 

case -

darkflash phantom black ATX mid-tower

$199.99

cpu -

intel core i9-9900k

$539

motherboard -

ASRock Z390 phantom gaming 6 LGA 1151 (300 series)

$185.99

gpu -

GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB 

$789.99

memory (ram) - 

Corsair Very RGB pro (4x8GB) 32GB 3200MHz

$299.99

storage -

Crucial MX 1TB

$129

Power supply -

EVGA Supernova G2 750w

$103.09

So far before tax it's $2,248.04. I'm trying for a 4k capable gaming PC with the possibility of overclocking. My questions are, would this set up work? Would it be capable of what I'm looking for? Is there anything that is better than what was mentioned that is cheaper?  Or what components Don't matter for what I'm trying to do that I could just find the cheapest ones of? Is there anything else that is absolutely needed? also with most of my starting knowledge coming from those two links and looking at the specs of the stuff, how would you say I did with choosing components?(last question is out of personal curiosity)

Its a pretty good setup dude, but I think you should pick a better motherboard maybe ASUS or MSI but other than that this is definitly capable of 4k gaming on medium to high settings in some games. GLHF

My PC is a fast boyo:

6700K - 32GB - 1080 - 256GB EVO

^^You don't need more info than this right?^^

The motherboard was the hardest part for me to decide on. I mostly just know that it needs to be a z390

200$ more expensive, but much better:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($529.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($272.47 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($147.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB DUKE Video Card  ($779.99 @ Walmart) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.34 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2217.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-05 08:08 EST-0500

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

I'll look into to outletpc for the CPU since it's the same but cheaper. And I'll look into the gpu you said. I like the case I choose. Has 6 fans built in. And the power supply is cheaper but it's only 550w. Would that me enough? Again I'm super new so idk what would be too much or too little power. 

At 4K gpu horsepower is usually more important than the cpu. So even something like a Ryzen R5 2600/X would do a great job compared to Intel.

If you do end up going with the 9900K then I would look at Gigabyte and MSI boards over Asus who messed up on Z390.

9 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

At 4K gpu horsepower is usually more important than the cpu. So even something like a Ryzen R5 2600/X would do a great job compared to Intel.

If you do end up going with the 9900K then I would look at Gigabyte and MSI boards over Asus who messed up on Z390.i

I think this screenshot speaks for itself. 

Screenshot_20190105-090141.png

1 minute ago, Game4life said:

I think this screenshot speaks for itself. 

Screenshot_20190105-090141.png

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying about Intel and ryzen

16 minutes ago, Game4life said:

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying about Intel and ryzen

You did. At 4k resolution the GPU is what matters most, a lot more than the CPU. Bring that down to 1080p and then the CPU starts to play a bigger role in performance. So what that means is that if you plan to play at 4k, a 2600X would yield close to the same results, probably a few FPS below the 9900K, but it would be a lot closer than if you were playing at 1080p (where there would be a larger FPS difference).

But Hey, if you want to spend that kind of money on a 9900K, then go for it. I think it could be put to better use (that doesn't mean you need to go Ryzen). The 9700K and 8700K would yield near the same results.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

4 hours ago, tomswife said:

You did. At 4k resolution the GPU is what matters most, a lot more than the CPU. Bring that down to 1080p and then the CPU starts to play a bigger role in performance. So what that means is that if you plan to play at 4k, a 2600X would yield close to the same results, probably a few FPS below the 9900K, but it would be a lot closer than if you were playing at 1080p (where there would be a larger FPS difference).

But Hey, if you want to spend that kind of money on a 9900K, then go for it. I think it could be put to better use (that doesn't mean you need to go Ryzen). The 9700K and 8700K would yield near the same results.

Well I'm also planning on starting to stream, I'm not sure if that will make much of a difference. But I also read this,

I think the majority of people will be better off spending less money on a CPU right now. That said, get the 9900K if you want your new rig to last five-to-seven years. That way you can upgrade your GPU without having to upgrade your entire system to avoid turning your CPU into the bottleneck.

personally CPU is something I'd rather not have to upgrade again for a while. 

Okay new and improved/cheaper list. +200 for the case I want cause the site didn't have it. 

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($529.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($284.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($289.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card  ($698.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $1993.73