Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two sound sources on two different output devices

at0m11c

Is it possible to get sound from a YouTube video to my headset and simultaneously get sound from a movie through my TV. Everything is plugged into my Computer. TV-HDMI and headset-USB.

Example:

I want to watch some stuff on YouTube and at the same time I want that my friend should be able to watch a movie on the TV. The sound from the YouTube video should only be heard by me and vice versa.

It would be nice if it was possible to control each tab in a web browser and select through which device the sound should go through.

Is this possible?

If you're running Windows 10 this might be worth trying (I've not tested it myself though)

https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how-to-set-per-app-sound-outputs-in-windows-10/

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Drevo Gramr modded to ortholinear with Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7

17 minutes ago, DJ46 said:

If you're running Windows 10 this might be worth trying (I've not tested it myself though)

https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how-to-set-per-app-sound-outputs-in-windows-10/

Nice, Thank you.

Only thing is that it does not seem to detect different tabs or windows of the same browser.

The workaround seems to be to use different browsers, like Chrome and Edge.