Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I measure a frequency of a song?

Jaok

I want to buy new headphones but I don't know if I should buy headphones with  better  bass, mid range or treble frequency range so I tought that there might be a program that has a feature where I could import a song and the program would output  the range of frequencies so I could choose new headphones based on that.

What?

??

A song is made out of millions of frequencies.

Maybe try to explain better what you're trying to measure.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

28 minutes ago, Enderman said:

What?

??

A song is made out of millions of frequencies.

Maybe try to explain better what you're trying to measure.

I want to buy new headphones but I don't know if I should buy headphones with  better  bass, mid range or treble frequency range so I tought that there might be a program that has a feature where I could import a song and the program would output  the range of frequencies so I could choose new headphones based on that.

40 minutes ago, Jack The Banana Developer said:

Go audacity and press open freq meter and press start then save..

Thanks

For this to work properly you should get your ears checked too. Headphones tuned to your ears sound better than those tuned to the music....

10 hours ago, Jaok said:

Well first of all, you can only hear between 20Hz and 20KHz regardless of what your song has, because you're a human.

Second, looking at the frequency range is not a way of determining the quality of headphones. Pretty much all of them can do 20Hz to 20Khz and ones that can go lower than 20 or higher than 20K are not necessarily better.

Third, read reviews or test them in store to actually find out what to buy.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020