Ryzen 3 2200G doing all the work, how to use GPU...

Paul Rudd

This video shows pretty much what I'm wondering...

The CPU and GPU are showing as not doing much. Same thing is happening on the PC I just built. The 2nd CPU core is at 100% and every other core isn't doing much at all. The GPU I think is at 0%.

The game plays just fine. Temps look like they're cool as a cucumber. 60-90 fps in 1080p on medium settings. I see the fps above 100 too, even around 140. I'm just wondering how to get the CPU and GPU to show that they are being used. Or if they are even being used.

Do I need to somehow "turn on" my rx 570? I feel it's not even being used. Seems like the Ryzen 3 2200G is doing all the work. I'm completely new to Ryzen and AMD GPU's so I don't know how to use the so called AMD "control panel". It's called like AMD Settings or something. Anyone know anything on this?

In the Nvidia control panel, I just set my 1070 as my GPU being used. I don't see such a thing in this AMD thing.

Also forgot to mention, I'm using MSI Afterburner to show all this. Does it not work with an RX 570 or something?

What is your primary video device in your BIOS?

If it's not set as whatever your board calls "PCI Express GPU", then your 570 will just act as a passthrough for the Vega 8 iGPU.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What is your primary video device in your BIOS?

No clue. I just built this PC today. It's whatever default is. What do I need to set it to? And where do I look for this in the BIOS?

Just now, A Random Dude said:

No clue. I just built this PC today. It's whatever default is. What do I need to set it to? And where do I look for this in the BIOS?

It might be in something under CPU Configuration or System Settings.

If you just poke around through all the menus and submenus enough, you should find it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

It might be in something under CPU Configuration or System Settings.

If you just poke around through all the menus and submenus enough, you should find it.

Okay, gonna look for it now. Gotta keep plugging in this K&M and internet cable to do so. 

pretty sure its a bios setting that needs to be changed to use the PCIe card

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Snip-

Just looked all around the BIOS and found nothing.

57 minutes ago, Swes said:

pretty sure its a bios setting that needs to be changed to use the PCIe card

Where? http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B450M-HDV.pdf Scroll to page 42.

Shouldn't there be a way to set the GPU as the primary inside of Windows(not in the BIOS)?