What does Linus listen to?

Whenever he talks about something like earbuds, you do notice that he listens to music all the time, but I never figured out what. For a while I assumed EDM, but then I realized that it doesn't have to be that way. So does anyone know?

probebly audiophile stuff... i never saw linus with airbuds exept for that one video about them

He's mentioned on quite a few occasions in reviews and such that he listens to Top 40 Pop and if it wasn't mentioned many times across many videos I'd be inclined to say it was a joke but it'd be a long running one at this point if it was. I'd link a few videos but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find if you look for his reviews of higher end gear.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

35 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

probebly audiophile stuff... i never saw linus with airbuds exept for that one video about them

He listens to audiophile stuff?

What classifies as that?

28 minutes ago, KnightSirius said:

He's mentioned on quite a few occasions in reviews and such that he listens to Top 40 Pop and if it wasn't mentioned many times across many videos I'd be inclined to say it was a joke but it'd be a long running one at this point if it was. I'd link a few videos but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find if you look for his reviews of higher end gear.

Ok! I never even realized he was into pop. Strange personality, but we all have one.

1 minute ago, hiitswilliam said:

He listens to audiophile stuff?

What classifies as that?

high quality music files... i don't know what exactly...

maybe we should ask @LinusTech‍

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

high quality music files... i don't know what exactly...

maybe we should ask @LinusTech‍

Of course they're high quality. Did he ever mention if he uses Youtube Music or Spotify or anything like that? I'm personally not a fan of pandora.

1 minute ago, hiitswilliam said:

Of course they're high quality. Did he ever mention if he uses Youtube Music or Spotify or anything like that? I'm personally not a fan of pandora.

i wasn't saying it's pandora...

On 1/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, LukeSavenije said:

i wasn't saying it's pandora...

ik

I'm just stating my opinion.

But I get what he listens to now, at least to whatever extent the people here know.

Well. He is leaving LTX early to get to a backstreet boys concert. And said on the latest wan show that he would definitely go to a spice girls concert. Soo. 90s pop? 

On 1/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, hiitswilliam said:

Whenever he talks about something like earbuds, you do notice that he listens to music all the time, but I never figured out what. For a while I assumed EDM, but then I realized that it doesn't have to be that way. So does anyone know?

Linus likes Hardcore Rap and Techno music!