Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Laptop Fan Contorl

DC

I have acer nitro 5 with i5 and gtx 1050 4gb. At first, it came with 1tb hdd, but I switched to Samsung ssd. And it originally had nitro sense program where I could kind of control the speed of my laptop fan because it was making buzzing noise at lower rpm(2000) but not making buzzing noise at higher rpm(5000). But when I installed my ssd, I tired to download nitro sense program but I was not able to find them. Is there a way for me to download some program or do something in windows program to control my laptop fan speed?

I was hoping that I can make fan not run until some degrees because i mainly use my laptop for college and buzzing noise is bothering the crap out of  me. 

"SpeedFan" software works for me. Don't be afraid of it's outdated looks and complicated UI - once you learn how to use it, it does wonders (provided it recognises your fans)

If that doesn't work, try "NoteBook FanControl". I use it on my laptop. Works like a charm (it's manual though, no auto modes available)

3 hours ago, DC said:

it was making buzzing noise at lower rpm(2000) but not making buzzing noise at higher rpm(5000)

Something's wrong with the fan, might want to RMA

3 hours ago, DC said:

Is there a way for me to download some program or do something in windows program to control my laptop fan speed?

Most laptops don't work with fan control software

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold