Trying install windows 10 on new ssd

andybeech

HI i brought a 240 gbb kingston ssd today and I am trying to install windows 10 on it I thought be pretty simple as never had an issue before, so heres what i have tried;

having just the ssd on its own,

inserting windows 10 on a usb

inserting windows 10 disk

swapping from my new to old ssd

I keep getting the insert proper media error or a blue screen saying something about recovery/repair but cant seem to install windows 10 i have formated the ssd as I managed to get them to both show up.

thanks

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

You are heading in the right direction, but missed 1 detail.

You need to configure in the BIOS which device you want to use to boot from.

Right now your motherboard sees a lot of devices, but doesn't know which one to use to boot from.

So go into the bios (probably the del key, just mash it when you see the splash screen of your motherboard) go into boot order and configure the USB or DVD drive as first device so you can start the windows 10 setup to install windows on your SSD.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

19 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

You are heading in the right direction, but missed 1 detail.

You need to configure in the BIOS which device you want to use to boot from.

Right now your motherboard sees a lot of devices, but doesn't know which one to use to boot from.

So go into the bios (probably the del key, just mash it when you see the splash screen of your motherboard) go into boot order and configure the USB or DVD drive as first device so you can start the windows 10 setup to install windows on your SSD.

Thanks will check the bois settings again i had messed about with the order as well but will make sure the usb is first as making a new version on my usb incase that is the issue.

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Didn’t work now saying can’t jnstall windows on gpt drive 

edit

managed to some how Install it but had to use my stream pc to install Windows then swap the ssd back is there any issues with doing it that way or should it be fine thanks