NZXT H500 vs H700

BSula99

Hello,

I'm building a PC which will feature and a Ryzen 3000 series CPU when released and presumably the next gen related mobo (the two components I am currently waiting on purchasing), along with an EVGA P2 850W Gold + PSU, 1080 TI GPU, 16GB RAM, and 2x 2TB SSD in RAID 0, which I already possess. I am ok with air cooling for GPU, but absolutely want water cooling CPU to push overclocking up a notch. Which case do you think is better for that purpose? I am somewhat limited on space so I prefer the H500, but is the H700 really the better option? Further, if it is the H500, how would you go about setting up the water cooling and fan air flow on it?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, BSula99 said:

absolutely want water cooling CPU to push overclocking up a notch. Which case do you think is better for that purpose? 

The H700 is without question the better option for watercooling, custom or AIO. Generally better airflow for your radiators, and more radiator options (Top or front)

In terms of footprint, the H700 is only an inch wider and 3" deeper so it wont take you that much more room on a desk. You CAN make the H500 work with an AIO at the front, but a baller system in my mind like that deserves a baller case.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The H700 is without question the better option for watercooling, custom or AIO. Generally better airflow for your radiators, and more radiator options (Top or front)

In terms of footprint, the H700 is only an inch wider and 3" deeper so it wont take you that much more room on a desk. You CAN make the H500 work with an AIO at the front, but a baller system in my mind like that deserves a baller case.

Appreciate it. Went in a totally different direction and decided to go all in and get the Enthoo Evolv X.