Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ayyy, my PC broke on the first day of my vacation,

VxZ
 Share

Everything was going great, I just finished my exams (which felt like ages), bought a few steam games, a new monitor + mechanical keyboard, and I was ready to go

 

 

So I turned on my pc at 1 pm and the launch was getting ready, and my father was wondering about my school & exams grades, so before the launch, I opened my grades page to him and he wanted to see it closer, so when he tried to sit... he accidentally hit my PC case and it fell, right after it fell, my monitor lost signal and my keyboard and mouse lighting all stopped moving; so my conclusion immediately was :

1- Because my monitor lost signal my graphics card either got out of the mobo socket or my cable got f###ed up because it was kinda short

 

2- For the keyboard and mouse, it was my biggest worries, and the only thing that might cause this is -highly- the CPU got out of socked or -even worse- the CPU pins got torn up, altho I'm not sure which caused it

 

after a quick investigation, I found that my DP cable was "naked" and half of it torn up, to be more specific, the cable got torn to 2 parts from the head where it is connected to the GPU (thankfully, the GPU port itself wasn't damaged) and the first part the pins were attached to the cable, the second part is stuck on the GPU port (DP cable head without the pins)

 

so my question, what can cause my keyboard and mouse to stop working?, am afraid about the CPU AF

 

And my second question, how can I remove the stuck DP cable from my GPU port? because it's the type that needs a click to be removed

 

 (sorry for my bad English / bad explaining)

 

Thank you for your time

InkedWhatsApp Image 2018-12-23 at 2.39.52 PM_LI.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

see those two tabs poking up right now? try pressing them down and pulling it out

 

and hope your port isn't bent...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

see those two tabs poking up right now? try pressing them down and pulling it out

 

10pcs-Interface-DP-M-Iron-Shell-Nickel-P

 

I can't push them down or forward, can you explain more please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VxZ said:

I can't push them down or forward, can you explain more please

grab some pliers, and push down on the two things that stick up from the part thats stuck and then pull it out, should work

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

grab some pliers, and push down on the two things that stick up from the part thats stuck and then pull it out, should work

There is good & bad news

 

bad news first: I couldn't get the DP out of the port

 

Good news: after I looked carefully and trying to turn it on with HDMI it didn't work, it said the GPU needs to be powered on to be able to run, for some reason I thought I should push it more to the mobo (i know how to build a PC and i know how everything works but i don't know what happened that time XD) so I realized I forgot to replug power supply cables to the GPU, after that everything worked perfectly

 

So the only problem right now is that DP head is still stuck and I'm waiting for my friend to get me his plier, if there is a video that explains how to remove a ripped DP cable I'd appreciate it

 

Thank you to everyone for the helpful responses <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, VxZ said:

There is good & bad news

 

bad news first: I couldn't get the DP out of the port

 

Good news: after I looked carefully and trying to turn it on with HDMI it didn't work, it said the GPU needs to be powered on to be able to run, for some reason I thought I should push it more to the mobo (i know how to build a PC and i know how everything works but i don't know what happened that time XD) so I realized I forgot to replug power supply cables to the GPU, after that everything worked perfectly

 

So the only problem right now is that DP head is still stuck and I'm waiting for my friend to get me his plier, if there is a video that explains how to remove a ripped DP cable I'd appreciate it

 

Thank you to everyone for the helpful responses ❤️

Pliers push down on the ends, and then you pull. Hopefully you get it out :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×