Best School/Work laptop of 2018?

I think its good time to buy 2017/2018 laptop nowadays, because of after christmas sales.

I am using ThinkPad T430 for 2 years (before T420) what I bought for +-230$ as refurbished so I have relatively big expectations for keyboard and riggidity of device.

Problem its 3th gen i5 already starting to struggles. In school we have relatively big programming projects + I am web developer.

I also want to play some games sometimes on it (not BF5, but some mid tear games into plane or bus)

My question is: What is best laptop for this kind of work/fun? Touch and/or dedicated GPU will be good but not nessesary.

I was thinking about some Dell XPS, Surface or Razer Blade, but they are not cheap :D And idk if they are worth it.

I would like to buy laptop under 1000$ if its possible nowadays :D

Edit: If you have some ideas please swns me link to amazon because I am European citizen not from USA/Canada

Website programmer & Electrician & PC HW lover!

Huawei matebook x pro is probably the most premium  option you can take a look at.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

i think i would recommend an MSI PS42

Reminder to always be happy even in tough situations 🙂

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_16?k=huawei+matebook+x+pro&sprefix=huawei+matebook+&crid=3UZHCILPB4DTK

Link to the matebook X pro. I will say this is by far not a valueoption, but its one of the best laptops atm (according to reviews and you dont mind a horrid webcam. Edit: and according to people ive talked to who has it)

1 hour ago, Baterka said:

snip

Any preference on weight, battery life, display size and display quality? Any links of online stores in your country?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Any preference on weight, battery life, display size and display quality? Any links of online stores in your country?

Weight doesnt matter because now I am proud owner of 4kg Thinkpad T430 :D Battery-life and display quality are not major but surely 5+ hours and IPS

alza.cz, czc.cz

The Dell XPS 13 sounds like an excellent option, but you won't get much of a computer if you stay under $1000.

Maybe look at the HP Envy 13t; the 13.3" model is available with an 8th gen i7, 8gb RAM, a 256gb NVMe SSD, over 9 hours of battery life, and a FHD touch screen for just under $1000. It also has a lot of customization options, so you can get a larger and/or 4k screen, more memory, more storage, dedicated graphics, etc. if you're willing to spend more.

HP Omen 15-dc0014nc / 15-dc0021nc with 70Wh battery

Lenovo Legion Y530 81FV0017CK / 81FV001BCK

Both need SSD upgrade

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

19 minutes ago, Ringowu1234 said:

RAZER Blade Stealth with MX150

1600 usd without tax to my country? :(