Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is windows 8.1 (64 bit)any good?

Uppset_dave
 Share

Vote here!  

16 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like windows 8-8.1

    • Yes
      9
    • No
      7
  2. 2. Which version of Windows do you prefer

    • Windows 10
      8
    • Windows 8 - 8.1
      3
    • Windows 7
      5


Hello this is me a person wearing a banana suit who is on his phone, and welcome to my first topic on the LTT forum! And today I'm gonna ask the community on what they think about windows 8.1.

If you've never heard of windows 8.1 it's basically the version of Windows that sits between 7 and 10. With a few notable features that come from Windows 7 and some that later on continue to 10. Such as the taskbar that has a windows 7 feel to excluding the new windows logo

Insert image I, imgur

and the popup that ask you which application it should us as default also makes it into Windows 10.

Insert images II&I, Imgur

Personaly its my favourite but sometimes wish some features that are in Windows 10 where in Windows 8. What do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Uppset_dave said:

Hello this is me a person wearing a banana suit who is on his phone, and welcome to my first topic on the LTT forum! And today I'm gonna ask the community on what they think about windows 8.1.

If you've never heard of windows 8.1 it's basically the version of Windows that sits between 7 and 10. With a few notable features that come from Windows 7 and some that later on continue to 10. Such as the taskbar that has a windows 7 feel to excluding the new windows logo

Insert image I, imgur

and the popup that ask you which application it should us as default also makes it into Windows 10.

Insert images II&I, Imgur

Personaly its my favourite but sometimes wish some features that are in Windows 10 where in Windows 8. What do you think?

8 Doesn't have the "Phone Home" feature windows 10 does, but it lacks a lot of features in W10 I like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello this is me a reader of your first topic on the LTT forum! - 8.1 is alright I guess, but as a whole you're better off with Windows 10

Motherboard: MSI BM250-PRO-VD           <-- Build 1    Build 2 -->        Motherboard: ASRock Z370M Pro4                     
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700                                                   CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080                                          GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX660 (Saving money for RTX 2080)
RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2400Mhz                                        RAM: HyperX Predator 16gb DDR4 3000mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620w Bronze+                                      PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 650W
CPU Cooler: Gammax 400                                                    CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
SSD: Kingston A400 250GB                                                  HDD/SSD: 3 * 1TB WD blue Kingston A400 250GB 
Headphones: HYPERX CLOUD ALPHA                                                                                               Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB
Monitor: LG 24GM77                                                                                                               Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600
CaseFans: 3 140mm                                                                                                                Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 500
Phone: Nokia 7 plus



hehe yeaaah boy
https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2018_09/111.PNG.5713b4f39cae3a5badac216b30d99e65.PNG

 

You want to code but don't know how ? (Personal list)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Win 8.1 is great and all, but it is slowly being discontinued as its marketshare is small and it had a lackluster adoptiomrate.

 

Also, honestly win 10 is more of a merge between win 7 and 8.1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i like windows 8 cuz it's the os that i wanted in my daily drivers

Hi

 

 

 

 

 

 

PC Specs : - CPU : Intel Core i7 2600K@3.4 GHZ

                    - Graphics Card : Sapphire Nitro+ RX 560 4GB

                    - Storage : - 60 GB Corsair Force LS SATA 3 SSD

                                       - 1 TB WD Caviar Black Mechanical Hard Drive
                                       - 120 GB WD Green SATA SSD

                    - RAM : 4x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 

                    - CPU Cooler : Corsair H80i V1 AIO 

                    - Case : Azza Toledo 301

                    - Motherboard : MSI Z77MA-G43 ATX 

                    - PSU : Seasonic 520W 80 Plus Bronze Non-Modular

                

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Uppset_dave said:

What do you think?

Windows 8.1, with the windows 7 skin on top, plus a few other tweaks to make it look more like 7, works great.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aprilfooldude said:

8 Doesn't have the "Phone Home" feature windows 10 does, but it lacks a lot of features in W10 I like.

Actually it does.

People where just stuck at the Start Screen so much, no one noticed that a lot of Windows 10 things where in Windows 8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 8.x was fine OS, if you are willing to go through the learning curve of the new Start Screen, and is great if you are on a convertible device (laptop/tablet)

That said, the Store and built-in OS app are lackluster (mostly because Metro app framework was a mess, and the Store infrastructure was a poorly designed). While security update support is coming to an end in 2023, the low market share makes it that you can expect poor support from third party programs and drivers.

 

If you are going to get a new version of Windows, might as well start with the latest one.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

If you are going to get a new version of Windows, might as well start with the latest one.

 

Yes I'm going to do that when I get a ssd to replace my old hdd, it will come without windows so I'm gonna get a windows 10 installer flash drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×