How to flip flow of AER Fan

pstarlord

Hey,

I dove head first into going RGB nuts on newest build, and overlooked something that, quite frankly I didn't though could be a problem.  I have four of the NZXT AER RGB fans.  (two 140mm on the Radiator, and two 120mm for case fans)  I assumed, wrongly, that I would be able to flip them around in one way or another so I could get proper air pressure for cooling.  Turns out, I cannot. 

SO, my question is, do any of you know a way to mod these so I could still have the RGB portion facing into the case, but have those fans act as intake instead of exhaust? 

11 minutes ago, pstarlord said:

Hey,

I dove head first into going RGB nuts on newest build, and overlooked something that, quite frankly I didn't though could be a problem.  I have four of the NZXT AER RGB fans.  (two 140mm on the Radiator, and two 120mm for case fans)  I assumed, wrongly, that I would be able to flip them around in one way or another so I could get proper air pressure for cooling.  Turns out, I cannot. 

SO, my question is, do any of you know a way to mod these so I could still have the RGB portion facing into the case, but have those fans act as intake instead of exhaust? 

It's not possible since everything is molded as one piece for the frame and motor mount, unless you completely hack the fan apart which would essentially ruin it. 

5 hours ago, W-L said:

It's not possible since everything is molded as one piece for the frame and motor mount, unless you completely hack the fan apart which would essentially ruin it. 

Yeah, that's was my conclusion as well.  Kinda hoping I was wrong.  Guess I might be looking into a new case then.