Dual Data Leaks of Blur, Town of Salem Impact Millions

Zanshi

A lot of users have been impacted by a data breach affecting two companies. One of which is a password manager. Password managers need to be more secure and better at holding data to avoid these issues. Maybe we need to take a step back and have a talk about people using applications such as KeePass over online storage of passwords.

https://threatpost.com/data-leaks-blur-town-of-salem/140529/

Password-manager Blur and role-playing game Town of Salem both disclosed data breaches this week that impacted a combined 10 million.

Popular role-playing game Town of Salem saw the email addresses and passwords of more than 7.6 million players hacked; while a separate database issue with password-manager Blur exposed personal data of approximately 2.4 million users. ...

... The data breach of Town of Salem –  a popular browser-based game owned by BlankMediaGames –  was first discovered on Dec. 28 when the compromised database was anonymously sent to DeHashed, a hacked database search engine.

According to DeHashed, 7,633,234 unique email addresses were exposed – the most-represented of the email providers being Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo.com.

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe some quote so I can see what to expect on the website?

Amended

And this shit is why I'll never trust an online password manager.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

yea pretty bad if a password manager is getting rekt. I have started using one for my own sanity but I chose a major provider so hopefully they arent fucking around

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

I only use iCloud for proper security for all my passwords and pictures of Jennifer Lawrence.

@Zanshi at the moment, your topic doesn't meet the posting guidelines

In particular

Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.

Something along the lines of "there have been lots of data breaches recently, and for a password manager to be breached is very concerning" would be fine.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

@Zanshi at the moment, your topic doesn't meet the posting guidelines

In particular

Something along the lines of "there have been lots of data breaches recently, and for a password manager to be breached is very concerning" would be fine.

I hope my edit will work.