Other Shipping options for LTT Store [AUS]

Allukos

Current cost of an LTT shirt is ~$80 USD or ~$114 AUD with the only shipping option to AUS is $60 Expedited.

Is there no other shipping options you can provide that doesn't cost 3x the price of the merch to be able to rock the LTT merch 'down under'?

Great things are worth waiting for, is there no slow end solution?

2 minutes ago, Allukos said:

Current cost of an LTT shirt is ~$80 USD or ~$114 AUD with the only shipping option to AUS is $60 Expedited.

Is there no other shipping options you can provide that doesn't cost 3x the price of the merch to be able to rock the LTT merch 'down under'?

Not really, it’s expensive to ship thing to and from Australia. Places like England and America are cheap to ship things to, it cost me £1.70 to ship something to America but because not a lot of things come from or go to Australia it’s expensive. If you want the shirt just bite the bullet.

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

6 minutes ago, josbeph83 said:

Not really, it’s expensive to ship thing to and from Australia. Places like England and America are cheap to ship things to, it cost me £1.70 to ship something to America but because not a lot of things come from or go to Australia it’s expensive. If you want the shirt just bite the bullet.

Only asking because the wife is a US Citizen, so we get items shipped here all the time but the costs are never that high for clothing, I know the 'expedited' adds a lot to the price tag. 

6 minutes ago, josbeph83 said:

Not necessarily. It depends on where you are.

The LTT store ship stuff from Canada, which is more expensive to ship from than the US or the UK (at least when expedited)

For example - this is the cost of posting a shirt from the UK to Australia:

Spoiler

Screenshot_29.png.4b518297d7034322fb4b6f04e356509c.png

This is the cost of posting a shirt from Canada to Australia:

Spoiler

647151034_Screenshot(11).png.e890ea3db8b448fa21dc43027aa7aca4.png

I don't understand why the shipping isn't $12 before customs fees. The expedited shipping just isn't needed. 

There is an entire market out there for DIY custom clothing, iron on's, silk screening.

Heck even kiosks in malls can do it.

Fruit of the Loom has cheap T-shirts you can buy anywhere.

As for hoodies, just go to Walmart or any department store in Aus.

Find the color orange that is similar and have fun. Dye your garments orange, put an image of Linus' face on your garmets.

7 hours ago, Allukos said:

australia post shopmate forwarding service will be cheaper in this instance 

5 hours ago, 1kv said:

Snip

Finally someone who can actually reason, there's little reason for shipping to be that expensive to or from Aus.

@LinusTech I could literally drive to a capital city, buy 20kg of Vegemite, Ship is express to LTT HQ and drive home for the t-shirt shipping, except for how pissed my wife would get. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

How come someone in China can give me free shipping for a $14 LTT shirt, but more expensive for real LTT :(

19 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

How come someone in China can give me free shipping for a $14 LTT shirt, but more expensive for real LTT :(

Because China exports a high volume of goods, which brings the price down by quite a bit.

It's also because the Chinese postal system isn't as good as other postal services like USPS or Royal Mail.

Here's an example of what I mean:

Although to be fair, the Chinese postal system could be worse. I've had worse experiences with some postal services here in the UK. 

I'm calling bullshit on these prices, I sold hundreds of items on eBay. Even by air it shouldn't be that expensive. Maybe offer a non-expedited way, it shouldn't take more than a few weeks. 

Also wtf $80 usd for a shirt, what's the margin, 75%

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti