Ethernet connected to new PC but no Internet

Existential_NM
Go to solution Solved by Glennieboyyy007,

download the internet driver for your motherboard onto a usb stick and stick that into your new pc. i had the same problem and that solved it for me

Hello for the final time hopefully. I just finished building my new PC today and connected the ethernet to the back but it says there is no internet connection. My modem is has a green light for the cable I connected and on the PC there is a blinking yellow light. I am not sure what is going on but I could really use someone's help. My PC doesn't have a disk drive so I cant install any software until I get online. Does anybody have any ideas? I also looked around but the solutions for the problem appear to be to install a software disk but like I said I don't have  a disk drive and my case doesn't have a place for one. I hope I'm not stuck with this. Thanks guys!

download the internet driver for your motherboard onto a usb stick and stick that into your new pc. i had the same problem and that solved it for me

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

3 minutes ago, Existential_NM said:

I hope I'm not stuck with this

SO in other words, you've not installed the driver for the NIC...

Which is on a disc.

Head out to a retail store like best buy or some such, buy a cheap USB stick and ask the guys there to transfer the CD drivers over to the usb for you.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

SO in other words, you've not installed the driver for the NIC...

Which is on a disc.

Head out to a retail store like best buy or some such, buy a cheap USB stick and ask the guys there to transfer the CD drivers over to the usb for you.

Ok. I have the USB disk but I'm going to try doing GlennieBoyyy007's idea. I need the experience. This is my first PC build and I want to learn as much as possible from everyone.

1 minute ago, Existential_NM said:

Ok. I have the USB disk but I'm going to try doing GlennieBoyyy007's idea. I need the experience. This is my first PC build and I want to learn as much as possible from everyone.

HOw are you going to download from the internet, if you have no internet connection?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

HOw are you going to download from the internet, if you have no internet connection?

(s)he can try using another pc or go to school/uni/work or so and use a pc there to download it

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Just now, Glennieboyyy007 said:

(s)he can try using another pc or go to school/uni/work or so and use a pc there to download it

Of course, but that part wasn't mentioned in the original post, so I was working with the info given and coming up with a solution based on what they said.

I often make the incorrect assumption that everyone has multiple PCs like I do, and this sort of thing doesn't come up, but I've run across posts here where their only system is the one they just built.

But yes, you are totally correct, download from another system if they have access to one

Of course, but that part wasn't mentioned in the original post, so I was working with the info given and coming up with a solution based on what they said.

I often make the incorrect assumption that everyone has multiple PCs like I do, and this sort of thing doesn't come up, but I've run across posts here where their only system is the one they just built.

But yes, you are totally correct, download from another system if they have access to one

I have a laptop I bought a long time ago before I deployed. I'll use that and hopefully it works. 

Just now, Existential_NM said:

I have a laptop I bought a long time ago before I deployed. I'll use that and hopefully it works. 

Let us know how that works. Should be a simple solution

5 hours ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

Thanks brother. That helped a lot. Everything is working perfectly now! I hope you guys have a good one. If I knew you beer would be on me!