Acer Predator 8th Gen i7 8750h sucks at encoding?

Yo so i was wondering if anyone could help. I have an Acer Predator with an i7 8750h, GTX 1060, 16GB Ram etc, and I also own a gaming desktop (Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1080Ti, 16GB Ram etc) and i wanted to use my laptop as a streaming pc, and i figured having a 6 core 8th gen processor would easily encode on medium to slow without burning all the CPU straight up. I've discovered however that i was very wrong. The CPU cannot handle any encoding within Streamlabs OBS below Very Fast, which doesn't output very good quality stream anyway. Should my laptop's processor be able to encode at a much better quality? Or was i wrong to think the CPU within my laptop was powerful enough for that? 

p.s. I use an elgato HD60 S to get my desktop from my gaming pc to my laptop, is there anything i can do to make that better in any way at all?

Cheers, Braidyn

Although gaming laptop specs seem to resemble that of a good gaming desktop, they never come close to providing the same level of performance. I would think encoding would be too much for any laptop. Have you checked temps? Maybe the cpu is thermal throttling. 

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz