Improving airflow in NZXT s340 elite?

Hidoi

Best cooling option for NZXT s340 elite?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best cooling option for NZXT s340 elite?

• intake - 1xNoctua 140mm; exhaust - 2xFN v2 (rear and top)
    • intake - 1xNoctua 140mm, 1xFN v2; exhaust - 1xNoctua 120mm(rear), 1xFN V2.
    • intake - 2xNoctua 140mm; exhaust - 2xFN v2 (rear and top)
    • None of above.

NZXT S340 Elite comes with 2 of these 120mm fans pre-installed as rear and top exhaust. I want to buy 1 or 2 more Noctua ippc fans(black ones) but I'm wondering what would be the best option:

1. 1xNoctua ippc 140mm as front intake, keep NZXT fans as they're now.
  2. 1xNoctua ippc 140mm as front intake, move the rear NZXT fan for intake and 1xNoctua 120mm for rear (rear can't be 140mm).
  3. 2xNoctua ippc 140mm as front intake, keep NZXT fans as they're now.
  4. Any better idea?

Also I'm wondering if I should get the 3000rpm or 2000rpm. Some people say they sound the same at the same rmp, some say 3000 are louder (well at higher than 2000 for sure they will be, but at the same?).

The 3000rpm version will be louder if you run them at 3000rpm.

You should use 2x140 as intake and either one or two 120 as exhaust.

If you use two I would recommend running them slower.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The 3000rpm version will be louder if you run them at 3000rpm.

You should use 2x140 as intake and either one or two 120 as exhaust.

If you use two I would recommend running them slower.

Wouldn't one noctua fan be better for exhaust than these nxzt fans? As far as I googled, for exhaust fans static pressure is more important and NZXT fans are only 0,9mm  while noctua's 120 are 3,94/7,63 (2000/3000rpm).

3 hours ago, Hidoi said:

Wouldn't one noctua fan be better for exhaust than these nxzt fans? As far as I googled, for exhaust fans static pressure is more important and NZXT fans are only 0,9mm  while noctua's 120 are 3,94/7,63 (2000/3000rpm).

Yeah.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 1/3/2019 at 6:55 AM, Hidoi said:

How much static pressure is required depends on the type of obstruction it has to overcome. 

Exhaust mesh tends to be loose so static pressure is usually less important for exhaust. Depending on the case, the front panel is often more restrictive due to additional dust filters and some solid front panels. 

The front panel of the S340 Elite is closed off so static pressure is pretty important for good airflow. The exhaust mesh of the S340 Elite isn't very open so a bit more static pressure from a more balanced fan design is probably most appropriate. 

NF-A14's are fairly balanced or slightly above average for static pressure. FN V2's are also pretty balanced but pretty middle of the road for performance.

iPPC fans are noisier than the normal models at the same rpm and I don't recommend getting them if you care about noise or if you don't need the extra robust build. If you want black fans, Noctua has their Chromax line which is the same as their regular line of fans but in black. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.