Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

56°C RX 580 4GB

Anthony Roosevelt

I'm about to buy an RX 580, it's PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 4GB, it's an ex mining card but the seller took care of his GPUs. Everything looks normal, what bother me is that the temperature is around 56-58°C while mining, is it normal?

2 minutes ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

I'm about to buy an RX 580, it's PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 4GB, it's an ex mining card but the seller took care of his GPUs. Everything looks normal, what bother me is that the temperature is around 56-58°C while mining, is it normal?

That's actually a very good temperature, if its only that then its great.

If it was 88c while mining then that would be questionable, but as it stands, 58c is pretty damn good, that also means he probably undervolted the card, so it ran pretty efficiently.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

4 minutes ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

is it normal?

yes, miners usually underclock their GPU to get better earnings per GPU and higher performance per watt. 

ask if he has used a miner BIOS on the card. you might have to flash the BIOS back to the regular one

21 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

yes, miners usually underclock their GPU to get better earnings per GPU and higher performance per watt. 

ask if he has used a miner BIOS on the card. you might have to flash the BIOS back to the regular one

Yeah that's what I thought too, I forgot to ask if it's underclocked or not. But I've asked him to revert the BIOS to the original.

1 minute ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

Yeah that's what I thought too, I forgot to ask if it's underclocked or not. But I've asked him to revert the BIOS to the original.

dont worry about the underclock (its actually more healty than running stock)

as long as he reverts BIOS to the Original then you will be fine. expect some temperature increase as it nolonger uses miner BIOS.

I've read that normal RX 580 temperature under full load is around 70+°C, that's why I got a little bit "confused" when he said that the temperature is around 56-58°C ?

16 minutes ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

I've read that normal RX 580 temperature under full load is around 70+°C, that's why I got a little bit "confused" when he said that the temperature is around 56-58°C ?

Yup for that card under load and normal circumstances the temps should be between 72-75°C.

That is the card that uses up three slots right? with a huge cooling section… Temps should be lower i guess on something like that!

1 minute ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

That is the card that uses up three slots right? with a huge cooling section… Temps should be lower i guess on something like that!

This is the card, is there anything wrong with it? I've checked everything and for me it looks legit

VGAAMDRADEONPOWERCOLORRX5804gbHDMI_3.jpg.jpg

VGAAMDRADEONPOWERCOLORRX5804gbHDMI_2.jpg.jpg

VGAAMDRADEONPOWERCOLORRX5804gbHDMI_1.jpg.jpg

03012019071026_1.jpg.jpg

01012019123346_1.jpg.jpg

Looks fine to me 

"People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines... There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But with time, people will come to accept their silicon masters."

Bill Gates

29 minutes ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

This is the card, is there anything wrong with it? I've checked everything and for me it looks legit

VGAAMDRADEONPOWERCOLORRX5804gbHDMI_3.jpg.jpg

VGAAMDRADEONPOWERCOLORRX5804gbHDMI_2.jpg.jpg

VGAAMDRADEONPOWERCOLORRX5804gbHDMI_1.jpg.jpg

03012019071026_1.jpg.jpg

01012019123346_1.jpg.jpg

No, everything's legit, it would be suspicious the other way around, he confused it with another card from power color, probably this one: https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1493267392

As far as i seen (unless it was a limited release that's not even listed on their site anymore) they only have that for Vega and RX570, there's nothing like that for RX580's.

25 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

No, everything's legit, it would be suspicious the other way around, he confused it with another card from power color, probably this one: https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1493267392

As far as i seen (unless it was a limited release that's not even listed on their site anymore) they only have that for Vega and RX570, there's nothing like that for RX580's.

Yeah, that AMD's logo instead of PowerColor's logo is one of the things that made me suspicious, but I've checked everything and looks like it's fine ?

1 minute ago, Anthony Roosevelt said:

Yeah, that AMD's logo instead of PowerColor's logo is one of the things that made me suspicious, but I've checked everything and looks like it's fine ?

Yeah... i dunno why the heck does power color do that with the stickers, it also got me suspicious at first ( with some past ones i was looking into), but it turns out they are legit, though i dunno what's the story behind it.