Is this an ok pc for entry gaming?

So recently I stumbled across a pc from Walmarts website. Now to me it already seemed a little suspect, but I looked into the price and the hardware included in said pc and I was curious to know if this was an ok pc to get into gaming and editing videos. I don't play anything too heavy really just Arma 3 and CSGO. Now the pc in question is linked below. The price is really weighs a  heavy factor in my decision to buy the pc. I do plan on upgrading certain components like the case, etc. but I'm mostly just looking at it as of right now since I'm still in high school. Any feedback is welcomed and very much appreciated.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-Hp-Elite-Gaming-Computer-Nvidia-GT-1030-SFF-Quad-I5-3-1Ghz-8Gb-500Gb-Win-10-WiFi-HDMI/105464507?athcpid=105464507&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=075069a1-1c2-16812d7f5bc57a&athena=true

Just looking it over, it appears to have a gt 1030 gpu which will not deliver a decent gaming experience at all! Plus the cpu is 6 generation old at this point, and overall it seems like a good way to waste $250!

If you're looking for an upgrade path without an outright new system, I wouldn't consider this. Save your pennies and dimes and pick something up a little later down the road.

It's an aging system with what I'd call overwhelmingly "meh" but, not completely unservicable components. The 2400 and the 1030 aren't going to win any awards for performance, even in your wildest imagination. You'll be pinned to minimum settings, and your ability to stay at or above 60fps even then may be questionable.

All that said though, it's refurbished, and by the looks of it, not by anyone certified by any manufacturer listed. Your mileage may vary for quality of work and function guarantee, what "refurbished" means isn't clearly defined. Did the disk drive just need replacement? Was their a failure on the motherboard? did the CPU need to be swapped out for a different one, is whatever's fixed just a temporary fix?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

For games like CS:GO it will be fine, if you want to double your budget you can get a decent PC that can run most games high settings 1080p 60+fps

For entry gaming and tight budget, well yes it can be

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

7 minutes ago, alright_MEATBAGS said:

Just looking it over, it appears to have a gt 1030 gpu which will not deliver a decent gaming experience at all! Plus the cpu is 6 generation old at this point, and overall it seems like a good way to waste $250!

for $250, coming out the box working, it's not a bad deal.. if it'll be a great gaming pc that's something else.. but you'll be hard pressed to find something better for that sort of bottom of the barrel money..

but yes.. spending a bit more is advised..

It's not the worst system out there for entry level gaming but it isn't anything brilliant.

If you can, wait until you have a high enough budget for a Ryzen system with a 1050 Ti or similar.

If not, that PC should do fine. 

16 minutes ago, IdkNun said:

I do plan on upgrading certain components like the case

this thing has ZERO upgrade path, which so happens to be the reason for its cheapness.

I guess what I was trying to say is that, yeah for $250 it'll kinda work, but I think you will be highly disappointed and wishing you had spent a little more money and picked something far better!

Just now, 1kv said:

It's not the worst system out there for entry level gaming but it isn't anything brilliant.

If you can, wait until you have a high enough budget for a Ryzen system with a 1050 Ti or similar.

If not, that PC should do fine. 

You could probably build a 570 system for ~450-500$ (low end). That would be a MUCH better build but if you are super tight on a budget the GT 1030 system wouldent be terrible. 

16 minutes ago, Orbity said:

You could probably build a 570 system for ~450-500$ (low end). That would be a MUCH better build but if you are super tight on a budget the GT 1030 system wouldent be terrible. 

If super tight budget i would rather do a r3 2200g system, it has the same horsepower (processor and graphical) as that build, but at least it has massive upgrade potential.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

8 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If super tight budget i would rather do a r3 2200g system, it has the same horsepower (processor and graphical) as that build, but at least it has massive upgrade potential.

Its SLIGHTLY not as good but I would recommend going the Ryzen 3 2200g build because of the upgradable potential. I am build a work PC for my Dad and its a 2200g build so heres a link to that, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Orbity/saved/3FZyXL .