Cheap PSU for low load work PC

Orbity
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q7L7YJ/corsair-cx-2017-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na

cheapest quality PSU i can recommend in the US. not worth going below this

I'm building my Dad a PC that will be used for just general work stuff (emails, YouTube, document, etc...). This WONT be used for gaming. Its a Ryzen 3 2200g build with no GPU and sense it wont have high work loads so I dont need a great PSU. Whats the cheapest PSU I can get without it being a fire hazard. I was hoping for one no more than 40$ or less (hopefuly no mail-in rebates) but if there no decent ones for that price it can be a it sightly more expensive one. Thanks

Well I had bought a little older Cooler Master but it is a good one and capped well...you can find some good deals man. They swear on them Quality Capacitors/Diodes/IC's and the Switchers etc. 

What they don't tell you the crappier units they don't filter the secondary side very well and will use a lesser Rectifier Diodes like and ratings….

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

EVGA SuperSC CL16 3200 16gb

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

Cooler Master GXII Pro 750w.

8 minutes ago, Orbity said:

good but is there a good 450w< for cheaper?

Nope. I wouldn't get anything below that EVGA unit or a Corsair CX450M. Don't bother with those EVGA 80+ white units or the Corsair VS ones, they're garbage.

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

Nope. I wouldn't get anything below that EVGA unit or a Corsair CX450M. Don't bother with those EVGA 80+ white units or the Corsair VS ones, they're garbage.

I would agree but as I said it wont be used for gaming or anything. It just needs to be able to do basic work stuff decently. 

1 minute ago, Orbity said:

I would agree but as I said it wont be used for gaming or anything. It just needs to be able to do basic work stuff decently. 

Yep, but it comes down to quality. Those EVGA 80+ white and Corsair VS units are absolute piles of crap. There's a reason why they're so cheap.

PSU quality isn't just about how much reliable clean power it can output, but about how long it will last. A cheap PSU could crap out after 4 or 5 years, which could take out any number of components with it. A better quality PSU (which will not be much more expensive) will last a lot longer and have less chance of taking out additional components if it does go. You don't need massive power but if you do buy a more powerful PSU then it will be less stressed, run cooler and last longer.