Headphones that don't block out all outside noise

Go to solution Solved by Buyingbf_,
16 minutes ago, justintime444 said:

Background

Hi. I'm currently using earbuds to game so that I can still hear my surroundings. Of course, my gaming is limited as the surround sound is really just left and right. 

Question

Is there any headset that does not block out all outside noise, so I can hear my mum call me from downstairs? 

arigato ^-^

Look for open/semi-open headphones. The drivers are open to allow for ambient sound to come in. This is so you can have a much bigger soundstage, but also for hearing your mum calling you from downstairs as well.

Background

Hi. I'm currently using earbuds to game so that I can still hear my surroundings. Of course, my gaming is limited as the surround sound is really just left and right. 

Question

Is there any headset that does not block out all outside noise, so I can hear my mum call me from downstairs? 

arigato ^-^

My audio technica ath m30x don't fully cancel noise. 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

8 minutes ago, justintime444 said:

Background

Question

arigato ^-^

That depends what budget do you have?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 minutes ago, mxk. said:

My audio technica ath m30x don't fully cancel noise. 

Still the ATH line of headphones is one of the most noise isolating headphone line that I know of that you can find for under $100 USD.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

16 minutes ago, justintime444 said:

Background

Question

arigato ^-^

Look for open/semi-open headphones. The drivers are open to allow for ambient sound to come in. This is so you can have a much bigger soundstage, but also for hearing your mum calling you from downstairs as well.

Just now, Buyingbf_ said:

Like these, just do note everyone will be able to hear what you are listening too.

10 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Still the ATH line of headphones is one of the most noise isolating headphone line that I know of that you can find for under $100 USD.

I guess I kinda listen to music quiet.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, mxk. said:

I guess I kinda listen to music quiet.

I understand, as I am currently listening to some tunes on my aging ATH-M20Xs.

I have the sennheiser gaming one headset and they are open back as well as amazing sound quality. Granted they are expensive at 130 or more dollars but they are very nice. 

Not earbuds but I just got the Corsair HS60 headset with detachable mic and I hear almost everything. Which is important for me too as I have a family I have to keep an eye on. I can hear pretty much everything. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, Buyingbf_ said:

I see a lot of options that will do the job, thanks a ton