Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. PC won't power on

Jkgamer5

I upgraded my CPU, Motherboard, and RAM after getting a Ryzen 5 2600 for Christmas. 

I went from an AMD Athon X4, MSI-A75MA-E35, 8 GB ddr3 RAM to Ryzen 5 2600, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 8 GB ddr4 RAM

Kept the same GPU (R9 270X), PSU (EVGA 600B), and Sortage (Kingston 120 GB SSD, and WD 1TB HDD) 

Once I installed everything and plugged in the power cable, the power button on my Phantek case lit up a bit. Not its full brightness when its powered on, just a dimmed light. Pressing on it doesn't power on the system. Fans don't turn either, nothing.

Is the motherboard dead? or something up with my PSU?

4 minutes ago, Jkgamer5 said:

Is the motherboard dead? or something up with my PSU?

Do you have any indicator screens on the motherboard like one that displays post code errors? It could be possible that something got damaged in the building process from static electricity or if it was used, then it could have been damaged already when shipped (I see some components which are often sold as of being "as it is" components at lower costs although they could be broken or damaged (kind of a gamble if you buy them). Maybe, the power button is not engaged with the rest of your setup and therefore is not triggering the system to boot. Could you recheck those connections or as a last resort troubleshooting resort, short the two pins which are for the power button with a standard computer screwdriver and it should jump the motherboard and get it to start. Please be careful when shorting the pins because you could cause damage if you are not careful, I will link a guide related to this concept within this post for referencing.

link to the aforementioned informational source:   https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2011-jumping-a-motherboard-without-power-switch-button

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

5 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

Best way to diagnose POST issues is to start with the basics, CPU and RAM only, or use integrated graphics if you have it.  Make sure to have your CPU and motherboard powered as well.

Before you do all that check your motherboard cables, that means power cables and fan cables.