Since setting Vcore for CPU, GPU running 10-12 degrees warmer

Hi all,

(2 question post, I thought I post it in this sub threat and not the GPU one as it happened after my OC,and also have a question related to that if I have misplaced it my apologies)

B450 gaming pro carbon ac mobo

Ryzen 2700x

16GB (2*8) LPX

RTX2070 armour

Corsair RM550x 

So today I OC'ed my CPU 2700x to @4.1 GhZ at 1.35vcore. temps are id;e mid 30's so all good there. 

What I have noticed is that my GPU (RTX2070 Armour) now at boot jumps to 58c without any load, the idle temp has also increased from low 30's to around 40c.

I included a screenshot of HWmoniter after booting for the GPU 

I also included a screenshot of temps after setting multiplier /vcore runing 20 loops of Intelburn. I think they are all good? Only concern is peak MOS temp. Also for some reason 1.36v is what I see in BIOS and HWmonitor even tho i set it at 1.35v.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

HOT GPU.PNG

1.35v.PNG

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

The extra heat your CPU is generating is sitting around in the case. I also noticed your GPU is running in that partial fanless mode. I highly suggest running something to force it to spin the fans all the time. It doesn't have to be high, but even something like 30% fan RPM can bring a 50C idling "fanless" GPU down to upper 30s.

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Just sound like extra heat is being added to the case. More casefans will help with that

Wouldnt it be less heat tho? as my CPU temps for idle have dropped around 5 degrees and fluctuates way less (somtimes 10-15 degrees spike for no reasons). at the moment I have 2 fans in the front pulling air in, my Kraken X52 configured as push at the top of the case and one fan in the back exhausting out. I run my case without a side panel (TG broke)

EDIT: case fans Fractal design 120mm AIO NZXT 120mm fans.

Before I touched Vcore GPU runned idle at around 35 degrees

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

6 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Wouldnt it be less heat tho? as my CPU temps for idle have dropped around 5 degrees and fluctuates way less (somtimes 10-15 degrees spike for no reasons). at the moment I have 2 fans in the front pulling air in, my Kraken X52 configured as push at the top of the case and one fan in the back exhausting out. I run my case without a side panel (TG broke)

The processor is still generating the same amount of heat. All a liquid cooler does is increase the heat capacity (how much heat is needed before the temperature raises) and potentially the overall heat conductivity (how easily heat can be transferred) due to the radiator size and configuration.

@Mira Yurizaki

Temps dropped down to 30 degrees after about 10 minutes, ran timespy. peaked at 65c and now (5 minutes later or so) sitting around 42c. Those temps seems alright to be at 'idle' after use or would you still recommend swithing the Frozr function or whatever MSI call it, off on my GPU?

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@Mira Yurizaki

Temps dropped down to 30 degrees after about 10 minutes, ran timespy. peaked at 65c and now (5 minutes later or so) sitting around 42c. Those temps seems alright to be at 'idle' after use or would you still recommend swithing the Frozr function or whatever MSI call it, off on my GPU?

42C is certainly better than 56C that I saw up there.

18 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

42C is certainly better than 56C that I saw up there.

So today everything is back to normal! GPU idling 30-34c so perfect!