Logitech G613 Keyboard Double typing letters

Heyo,

Just wondering if anyone has had a logitech keyboard with an issue with double typing keys on one key press. This has been happening to me as of late. The only keys that seem to be affected at the moment are the R and S keys, but have read some logitech support forum posts stating that affects many more keys. 

https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D53100006m6twZCAQ/g910-orion-spark-keyboard-randomly-double-or-triple-typing-letters

The keyboard is the only wireless device in my room, so i do not believe it is a interference issue.

I am most likely going to take it back for a warranty return in a few days, would just like some opinions or stories before i do.

Thanks Guys :3

My PC is running and I can't catch it....

Hi!

The issue exists on my keyboard, too, although it would seem I'm not hit by it quite as hard as some other people who get double keystrokes with every hit they make.

For me, it's usually the "e" (which is quite annoying considering it's kind of the most used letter) and it happens only very rarely. The issue started a few days ago (or at least that's when I first noticed) and it seems to get slowly worse. When looking through the internet I see that for most people the issue has started just recently so there might be a possibility this is an issue with a recently updated driver or something. I'd suspect something like this because nothing in the feel of my keyboard actually changed.

If you do decide to get it changed with the warranty I'd be interested in whether or not that helped. This would clear up if it's a hardware issue.

• 11 months later...

I was having the same issue, changing the batteries did the trick.

• 4 months later...

I have seen many userss on many threads complaining about this issue. This is a hardware problem and it iss called Key Chattering. Facing tthis issue on my G613 since the beginning of 2019. Just contacted logitech support. Lets see whattt happenss. Check this video at 0:46 ttimestaamp.

• 8 months later...

Very simple solution, just remove all the key caps, and just spray a contact cleaner. I think this is a common problem with mechanical keyboards. Spraying contact cleaner is safe for this. I've used WD-40 contact cleaner for this. 99.99% problem solved. I think it's just dirt and not a hardware problem. Try it. =) hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

@badogThanks for your suggestion of using WD40. It worked like a charm. 
I was tried and frustrated with the chattering issue. I tried using the compressed gas and even isopropyl alcohol to remove dust from underneath the keys. But nothing worked. 
I was about to buy a new keyboard and that's when I stumbled upon your suggestion. 

I removed all the keycaps and sprayed a little wd40 inside every single key which lubricated the springs inside the keys. (I actually sprayed a little too much, so the oil started to leak from the back. I had to let the keyboard dry for 24 hours before using it.) But now the keys feel better than before and the chattering problem is completely resolved.
It's been more than 3 months and I have not had a single chattering problem.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem wwith my G613 (great keyboard by the way), luckily it was in warranty so I jummped though their hoops and got a replacement. Now the replacemment keybboard  is doing it as you  can  see..... They were not prepared to replace the replacement. There is obviously an issue. I have seen keyboards made by IBM decades ago with full functionality and the letters not wearing off. Poor show Logitech...

I amm going to try the suggested fix, thanks @badog. I was reluctant to do a full key reemmoval. If thats what it takes so be it.

I mmight investigate if swwapping the keys is an option.

****This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one. - No thanks this is the best place for it.***