Motherboard/Race condition.

Go to solution Solved by Malice Techen,
10 hours ago, maxtch said:

This seems like a software conflict.

• What are you using Intel RST for?
  • Can you love with a different mouse or at least without that software installed?

As an alternative to RST, if you are not using it for SSD cache for your spinning rust, you can search eBay for a used hardware RAID card. Ones based on LSI SAS 2008 chipset like the IBM M1015 or LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i are fairly cheap. (Those two are actually the same card with the former being an IBM OEM one.)

Well things got worse after running another round of troubleshooting; Video started to be random when it was not before; I am thinking I may have a truly bad Motherboard.

F89B372A-4A8D-4E7D-A264-6A9F25FCD8F9.thumb.jpeg.454416074f6eb69df7add394363d24f4.jpegI got this board and have my 8700K i7 in it; ASRock Motherboard (Z390 Taichi Ultimate) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYBV9TV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_akhlCb4X6S2GW

I am having issues with the Corsair ICue, Intel RST (sometimes locks/crash the reload), software installing and G300s Logitech mouse; the software worked fine on my old system it was a 4770 I7. But now Windows 10 will lock up and not install both 1803 and 1809 OS builds; had no issues before my new build. Should I replace/return this motherboard and if, so what should my replacement be? Other then this issue the board works fine. Bios is the most recent version as well. Parts some of the parts I used in the pic. Thanks in advance LTT peeps and sorry for the mass edits; it’s late in my zone.

Edited by Malice Techen

Discord Post under tech-support as reference “I got a Asrock Z390 Taichi Ultimate running a I7 8700K with the latest Bios and I can’t install the intel RST/ICue for my k95 and G300s mouse without the system locking up and Crying it had 2 WD M.2 black 500s as storage for OS. I have it posted in Motherboard/Race condition on LTT and need some help seeing if it’s a bad board or misconfigured chipset. It’s annoying as hell..... ?

• Can you love with a different mouse or at least without that software installed?

As an alternative to RST, if you are not using it for SSD cache for your spinning rust, you can search eBay for a used hardware RAID card. Ones based on LSI SAS 2008 chipset like the IBM M1015 or LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i are fairly cheap. (Those two are actually the same card with the former being an IBM OEM one.)

The Fruit Pie: Core i7-9700K ~ 2x Team Force Vulkan 16GB DDR4-3200 ~ Gigabyte Z390 UD ~ XFX RX 480 Reference 8GB ~ WD Black NVMe 1TB ~ WD Black 2TB ~ macOS Monterey amd64

The Warship: Core i7-10700K ~ 2x G.Skill 16GB DDR4-3200 ~ Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming Wi-Fi ~ PNY RTX 3060 12GB LHR ~ Samsung PM981 1.92TB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
The ThreadStripper: 2x Xeon E5-2696v2 ~ 8x Kingston KVR 16GB DDR3-1600 Registered ECC ~ Asus Z9PE-D16 ~ Sapphire RX 480 Reference 8GB ~ WD Black NVMe 1TB ~ Ubuntu Linux 20.04 amd64

The Question Mark? Core i9-11900K ~ 2x Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4-3000 @ DDR4-2933 ~ MSI Z590-A Pro ~ Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8GB ~ Samsung PM981A 960GB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
Home server: Xeon E3-1231v3 ~ 2x Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 Unbuffered ECC ~ Asus P9D-M ~ nVidia Tesla K20X 6GB ~ Broadcom MegaRAID 9271-8iCC ~ Gigabyte 480GB SATA SSD ~ 8x Mixed HDD 2TB ~ 16x Mixed HDD 3TB ~ Proxmox VE amd64

Laptop 1: Dell Latitude 3500 ~ Core i7-8565U ~ NVS 130 ~ 2x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM ~ Samsung 960 Pro 512GB ~ Samsung 850 Evo 1TB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
Laptop 2: Apple MacBookPro9.2 ~ Core i5-3210M ~ 2x Samsung 8GB DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM ~ Intel SSD 520 Series 480GB ~ macOS Catalina amd64

2 hours ago, maxtch said:

When I reload the OS on the mirror (With/Without) it works perfectly fine until I try to Load RST for management/its native driver in win 10 and same with my mouse G300s and keyboard K95 (RGB) enabled. It seem’s to be something wrong Chipset wise. But I can’t get no codes as the OS toasts itself on a failed driver and won’t recover FYI this is a New Motherboard; If you feel I would be better off sending this one packing and get a different one it is a open option. I’ll roll back to my i7 4770 setup until the replacement comes.

Spinning-rust is on a raid 5 on one confit it was good as well; going to forgo installing the chipset drivers aka INF file and see if that may resolve things. Also put everything I could under chipset In UEFI Bios to Gen3 and manual/Stock settings so they could not change wish me luck.

10 hours ago, maxtch said:

Well things got worse after running another round of troubleshooting; Video started to be random when it was not before; I am thinking I may have a truly bad Motherboard.