Is this a x86 or x64 CPU ?

Hey,so i have a very old system that has a Pentium E5500 CPU,but when i tried to install a 64 Bit Windows it just goes into BSOD everytime it tries launches the setup. I've read on some website that this CPU is an x64 based processor and Windows 8.1 actually did detected it as an x64 CPU. But on Windows 7 it detects the CPU as an x86 CPU. So,can anybody explain why is this happening ?

Reminder to always be happy even in tough situations 🙂

It is an x64 CPU. Intel went 64-bit about 4 years before it was launched. I couldn't tell you what the actual reason for the BSOD is though.

x86 is an architecture so doesn't necessarily mean 32-bit. Perhaps the W7 installation is corrupt or missing some special F6 driver?

Here's a screenshot of E5500 and W7 64-bit.

image_id_1322809.jpeg

AWOL

16 minutes ago, Andrew54 said:

But on Windows 7 it detects the CPU as an x86 CPU. So,can anybody explain why is this happening ?

it is possible to install a win 7 - 32bit (x86) version on a 64bit cpu.

is this the case here?

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

is this the case here?

Yes it's possible, note that when the CPU first powers up it is actually in 16-bit mode and needs to be changed to 32-bit or 64-bit.

AWOL

7 hours ago, X_X said:

x86 is an architecture so doesn't necessarily mean 32-bit. Perhaps the W7 installation is corrupt or missing some special F6 driver?

Here's a screenshot of E5500 and W7 64-bit.

image_id_1322809.jpeg

that's strange, my setup cannot install the 64 bit version. maybe it was my mobo or sometin like that ?

edit : idk about the setup is corrupt or missing some files becuz i tried the usb method and the CD method and none of them work

8 hours ago, X_X said:

Yes it's possible, note that when the CPU first powers up it is actually in 16-bit mode and needs to be changed to 32-bit or 64-bit.

maybe it was the CPU that failed to switch into 64 bit mode eh ?

8 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

is this the case here?

It is a 64 bit CPU but i can't install the 64 bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 it just goes to BSOD whenever the setup launched. I have a 64 bit version of windows 7 installed on a laptop HDD so i decided i tried that. It did manage to get into the Starting Windows screen but after that the pc just restarted itself and going back to the original OS that's installed on the 3.5" HDD that the pc were using. The laptop HDD is working just fine no problems and all of the files inside is still accesible 

The laptop is using a different CPU, mainboard and chipset no? IOW Windows would still need to load drivers for the mainboard, CPU, chipset and graphics card plus you would need to make sure ACPI on that system is compatible.

AWOL