Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will it fit? Cryorig R1 Universal, x99 Deluxe II, 44mm RAM

As the title says... Want to know if these will fit together... My case has a 170mm CPU Cooler hight limit...

On the cryorig website says that it supports 2011-3 slots

But i remember checking a compatibility page on Cryorig's website that didn't list the x99 Deluxe II

Weirdly i couldn't find that page again...

The ram is a F4-2400C15Q-64GTZR from G.Skill and it has a 44mm size

I plan on making a quad channel so i wonder if there'll be space for all 4 sticks in the gray slots...

Thanks...

Current, New System

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 32GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: RMi 850w 80+ Gold // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

Old System (Now Retired)

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

Peripherals And Others

Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Man'O War 7.1 // Display: LG 2560x1080 25' 60Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w) (this shit is heavy as fuck)

Lucky for you RAM is 44mm, not inch. Considering most monitors are 24-27 inch, you can imagine how huge 44 inch RAM would be.

To actual point. No, it will not have room for RAM on the other side. Cooler is asymmetrical to allow all RAM slots visible on other side. Fins will hang over 2 closest slots and have room for 40.5mm tall RAM only.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LoGiCalDrm

Hahaha thanks silly mistake 44inch ram lol

Do you know if the R1 Universal is adjustable in any way so i can fit my ram? Or do i need a different cooler? If so, would you be so kind as to recommend me a good air cooler? As i said before will put 4 ram sticks to run quad channel on a x99 Deluxe II (all gray slots on mobo) w/ a i7 6950X (OC'd to 4.0 or 4.2 depending on what i can get away with in terms of stability) on a case that has a 170mm CPU Height Cooler... Price don't matter as long as its compatible to the specifications i just mentioned...

Current, New System

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 32GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: RMi 850w 80+ Gold // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

Old System (Now Retired)

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

Peripherals And Others

Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Man'O War 7.1 // Display: LG 2560x1080 25' 60Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w) (this shit is heavy as fuck)

32 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Do you know if the R1 Universal is adjustable in any way so i can fit my ram?

Well, you could have it horizontally blowing towards top. But this can hit motherboard heatsinks and/or prevent use of 2 top PCIe slots.

32 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Or do i need a different cooler? If so, would you be so kind as to recommend me a good air cooler? As i said before will put 4 ram sticks to run quad channel on a x99 Deluxe II (all gray slots on mobo) w/ a i7 6950X (OC'd to 4.0 or 4.2 depending on what i can get away with in terms of stability) on a case that has a 170mm CPU Height Cooler... Price don't matter as long as its compatible to the specifications i just mentioned...

D15S or Scythe Fuma if you need dual tower. Actually Dark Rock Pro 4 might be option too, if you don't need to use slots closest to socket. In single towers there's more variability. Dark Rock 4, U14S, H5 Ultimate. Le Grande Macho RT should also work, googled datasheet saying that rear fins have 46mm clearance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LoGiCalDrm

Since i'm planning to OC a 10 core CPU a dual tower cooling design would be best, no? Unfortunately i wasn't able to find the Scythe Fuma... Well, at least not where i can buy. I found one on Amazon.uk but it doesn't ship to brazil... The more i search the more water cooling seem a better option but i'm too finicky with liquid inside my PC and right now i'm favoring ram clearance options over overall cooling performance cuz i can't get another kit of ram but i can choose not to OC or OC less IF i have no other choice...

Current, New System

Old System (Now Retired)

Peripherals And Others

2 hours ago, ReggieGRS said:

@LoGiCalDrm

Since i'm planning to OC a 10 core CPU a dual tower cooling design would be best, no? Unfortunately i wasn't able to find the Scythe Fuma... Well, at least not where i can buy. I found one on Amazon.uk but it doesn't ship to brazil... The more i search the more water cooling seem a better option but i'm too finicky with liquid inside my PC and right now i'm favoring ram clearance options over overall cooling performance cuz i can't get another kit of ram but i can choose not to OC or OC less IF i have no other choice...

Another option you have is to get RAM with lower heatspreaders or no heatspreaders at all. They are mainly for looks after all. You would need to enter very high levels of RAM OCing before cooling becomes issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Another option you have is to get RAM with lower heatspreaders or no heatspreaders at all. They are mainly for looks after all. You would need to enter very high levels of RAM OCing before cooling becomes issue.

Where i live, as of right now, this is the only proper quad channel kit available so i'm out of options i'm afraid. Based on what i was able to find, i'm currently stuck on either the Noctua D15S or D15 but not installing the second fan (some places here sell this one cheaper for some reason) or get single tower ones like the Le Grand Macho RT... Shame i don't live elsewhere otherwise i'd totally get that Scythe Fuma cuz seems to fit nicely...

Will do more research on the matter. Likely to buy either D15S or Le Grand, Prob D15S due to being dual tower and that should give me a better heat absorption i think...

Current, New System

Old System (Now Retired)

Peripherals And Others

4 hours ago, ReggieGRS said:

Will do more research on the matter. Likely to buy either D15S or Le Grand, Prob D15S due to being dual tower and that should give me a better heat absorption i think...

You can add 120mm fans to D15/S. the 140mm fans are main issue as by default they are already 165mm. Raising them to full up only gives 39mm room for RAM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can add 120mm fans to D15/S. the 140mm fans are main issue as by default they are already 165mm. Raising them to full up only gives 39mm room for RAM.

Thanks. So the fan(s) the D15 and D15S comes with are 140mm? I can add some 120 fans to it but they're weak 1100 RPM RGB fans that i use to beauty up my case... You think they'd do at least a decent job as cpu coolers?

Current, New System

Old System (Now Retired)

Peripherals And Others

4 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Thanks. So the fan(s) the D15 and D15S comes with are 140mm? I can add some 120 fans to it but they're weak 1100 RPM RGB fans that i use to beauty up my case... You think they'd do at least a decent job as cpu coolers?

D15S comes without 2nd fan anyway. You can look up some reviews to see how much Noctua fan adds to performance. From memory its under 10C, so maybe 5C more performance with 120mm fan. Rpm doesn't mean that much when talking about fans. Cfm is the important factor. A15 has 68cfm. CM rgb fan for example has 43cfm. So I would say plenty.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Cfm is the important factor. A15 has 68cfm. CM rgb fan for example has 43cfm. So I would say plenty.

The ones i have are of 45cfm according to manufacturer spec sheet... I think it should do it... And maybe they're small enough that i can fit in a second 120mm fan without blocking the 44mm needed for the ram sticks...

Current, New System

Old System (Now Retired)

Peripherals And Others