Delidded 8700k resealing question.

I delidded for the first time earlier today. I delidded my 8700k using Der8auers delid die mate 2. Everything went smoothly I got the stock glue off, I applied Thermal grizzly liquid metal to the die and on the IHS, I covered the exposed parts with clear nail polish, and used black gasket maker to reseal the cpu. My question is how long should I let the cpu reseal? I used the DDM2 resealing tool to clamp the IHS to the pcb perfectly. I’ve searched and seen some people let it sit for an hour and others over night. Will 8 hours be enough, because I finished the process before I left for work and it’s an 8 hour shift.

Truthfully, I wouldnt re-seal it personally. But since you did, as long as it doesnt move you should be fine. What is the curing time on the compound you used? That will tell you when its fully cured. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, Alda14 said:

I delidded for the first time earlier today. I delidded my 8700k using Der8auers delid die mate 2. Everything went smoothly I got the stock glue off, I applied Thermal grizzly liquid metal to the die and on the IHS, I covered the exposed parts with clear nail polish, and used black gasket maker to reseal the cpu. My question is how long should I let the cpu reseal? I used the DDM2 resealing tool to clamp the IHS to the pcb perfectly. I’ve searched and seen some people let it sit for an hour and others over night. Will 8 hours be enough, because I finished the process before I left for work and it’s an 8 hour shift.

Most gasket makers takes a few hours to tack up to where handling isn't an issue but will take a full 24 hours to cure fully. 

Well take a look at how long it says on the "black gasket maker" product you used?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah, no need to reseal it IMO.  But read the instructions on the product you used to see how long it's cure time is.

I don’t like the ihs moving around so I put small dabs on the corner atleast. Isn’t a big deal with regular tim though. 

I do 12 hours normally more as it sits overnight and then I go to work. 

But like others have mentioned, it says right on the tube what should be done. But that’s also for the product in its normal use case. Shouldn’t matter how long it sits if you get it back in the cpu sockets and put pressure back on it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz