Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DOCSIS 3.1 Full Duplex Enabled Modems?

DCdave123

Hi Guys 

I've got a quick question to see if anyone knows of a DOCSIS 3.1 Full Duplex modem that is compatible with the magority of ISP's?

Thanks 

Small Gamer, Big PC Enthusiast!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC : https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bbrNkT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Favourite Game: Life Is Strange : Before The Storm

Each ISP is going to list the ones that they authorize. I wouldnt go by "majority" and get in touch with your provider.

Just now, lieder1987 said:

Each ISP is going to list the ones that they authorize. I wouldnt go by "majority" and get in touch with your provider.

Ok thanks mate

Small Gamer, Big PC Enthusiast!

My PC : https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bbrNkT

Favourite Game: Life Is Strange : Before The Storm

1 hour ago, DCdave123 said:

Hi Guys 

I've got a quick question to see if anyone knows of a DOCSIS 3.1 Full Duplex modem that is compatible with the magority of ISP's?

Thanks 

I dont think Full Duplex is out yet, and if it is, it was just ratified by Cable Labs. Not sure about the UK, but most cable ISP's in the US havent done anything with upstream yet, meaning we are all still suck on 5-50 Mbps on the upstream side. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, DCdave123 said:

Hi Guys 

Thanks 

Assuming you are based in the UK like your location suggests, Virgin media (the only ISP using Docsis in the UK) will not allow custom modems in their network.  They only allow for their own equipment.

If you are wondering if they can do a coax docsis line which has a symmetrical download/upload.. the answer is technically yes but they will not do it as it directly goes against their dedicated internet business services which are lucrative.  Hence why residential services are asymmetrical.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply