Recommendation for a good laptop?

rnhbs

I need a laptop for schoolwork (ms word, powerpoint etc.) and one that is fit for web surfing, light gaming (team fortress & paladins) & movie streaming with a good battery life. Can i get a cheap reccomendation for one which is under $500AUD if possible??

10 minutes ago, rnhbs said:

$500AUD

Used market, something with an SSD and >= 8GB of memory. Thinkpads arent bad for what you want, but it all depends whats available and with what processor  

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

16 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Used market, something with an SSD and >= 8GB of memory. Thinkpads arent bad for what you want, but it all depends whats available and with what processor  

is a dual processor good enough?

50 minutes ago, rnhbs said:

is a dual processor good enough?

Do you mean dual core?

If so, no

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, rnhbs said:

i was thinking of this Acer laptop with quad core processor and 4GB RAM which I will upgrade to an 8GB stick later on

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Notebooks/Notebooks/73459-NX.GVWSA.001-C77

Processor is fairly outdated

Your best bet is the used market. Do NOT get that celeron laptop. I highly recommend looking on ebay.

I would suggest taking a look at this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X240-Core-i5-4300U-1-9Ghz-4GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-Webcam-Win7-Pro-x64/183589809070?hash=item2abece2bae:g:XuEAAOSwqHdaxILn:rk:3:pf:0

It doesn't have 8gb RAM, but it would not be a hard upgrade. The other down side is its small storage, though it is an SSD. It should be plenty of space if you are JUST installing TF2, Paladins, and some pictures or movies. But with the extra money in your budget, you can get a larger SSD and more RAM. Let me know what you think!