Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sub 1000 Euro Gaming/Audio Production PC.

Dylanc431

Go to solution Solved by XR6,
4 minutes ago, Dylanc431 said:

I'm liking it! The one thing that might marr re-using the case is that I think i may have lost the standoffs (I've had this case a long while now) so unless the mounting pattern on that ASRock board is the exact same as the Asus board I have now I may need to look at a new case.

I'm not sure if the mounting pattern is the same, but I think you can buy standoffs on eBay if you do want to re-use the case.

Here's the same pcpartpicker list with a new case included:

Hey guys and gals!

This is my first post in this topic because I feel like I need some suggestions on this build. PCPartPicker etc gives me an information overload! 

Anyways, the system! 

1. I'm based in Ireland, so sites that use Euros as their currency are ideal for me. I can't order from the USA due to customs in Europe and please bear in mind that sites that use GBP as their currency such as Amazon.co.uk will be a bit more expensive for me due to currency conversion. 

2. I essentially want to use this build as a bit of a "do-it-all" 1080p Gaming system (I do have the intent of getting another monitor in the future, but becuase my main one is pretty big it suits me fine for gaming as of right now). I also plan to use this system as an Audio Production/DAW workstation, but I don't need audio equipment factored into the budget because I already have an interface etc... 

The games I play most tends to be some simulator titles such as ETS2, Cities:Skylines and some Train Sims, mixed in with some E-sports titles such as CS:GO and other, more intensive games such as Arma3.

3. I don't really NEED to purchase any peripherals with this build as I do have some stuff already but I mean, if you can factor in a nice MX Blue equipped keyboard and a nice mouse into the budget, then I won't say no! 

4. I'm really upgrading because I enjoy the entire process of building PC's and seeing something I made with my own hands come to life. My last build was a long time ago so I figure it's time for an upgrade after that.

My current system has some things I could possibly re-use for this build, such as the CPU Cooler (Noctua NHU-14S), Samsung SSD and Hitachi HDD. But I think the rest needs to go due to being based on the AMD 970 Chipset which is literally a space heater at this point.

if you need the specs of my current system they can be found on my profile.

Thanks in advance!

What do you think?

No need for a case, cooler or storage since you can reuse them from your old system. The R5 2600 and the RX 580 will be a great combo for 1080p gaming and audio production.

3 minutes ago, 1kv said:

What do you think?

No need for a case, cooler or storage since you can reuse them from your old system. The R5 2600 and the RX 580 will be a great combo for 1080p gaming and audio production.

I'm liking it! The one thing that might marr re-using the case is that I think i may have lost the standoffs (I've had this case a long while now) so unless the mounting pattern on that ASRock board is the exact same as the Asus board I have now I may need to look at a new case.

4 minutes ago, Dylanc431 said:

I'm not sure if the mounting pattern is the same, but I think you can buy standoffs on eBay if you do want to re-use the case.

6 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Still under a grand! and it matches the black theme I'm going for next (White stuff gets WAYYY TOO DIRTY)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just now, Dylanc431 said:

Still under a grand! and it matches the black theme I'm going for next (White stuff gets WAYYY TOO DIRTY)

Thanks for the suggestions!

No problem, I'm glad I could help :)