GTX 1060 POWER LIMIT.

paultrandafir

Hello guys! I have a big problema and i hope that you can help meeee...............
I have a laptop with GTX1060 6GB and a i7 7700hq...an ASUS laptop to be specific.
So.
When a play any game...my videocard is hitting power limit all the time and i don't know why...
I'll atach here a photo with GPU-Z in load (Heaven Benchmark). 
Hope you can help me!
Thank you!

LOAD.gif

A desktop 1060 is usually wired with a 6 pin PCIe power cable, so it's outfitted for a total of 150 watts from both that and the motherboard. Unless yours is a Max-Q 1060, it'll probably be close to that draw, which is pretty significant for a laptop if you ask me.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

A desktop 1060 is usually wired with a 6 pin PCIe power cable, so it's outfitted for a total of 150 watts from both that and the motherboard. Unless yours is a Max-Q 1060, it'll probably be close to that draw, which is pretty significant for a laptop if you ask me.

I don't think that is normal...cause in PUBG for example i have 140 fps and it drops like 50 to 60 for nothing...NO THERMAL THROTTELING. 
My laptop is Liquid Metal repasted. I have like 70 degrees max temperature in any game.

3 minutes ago, paultrandafir said:

I don't think that is normal...cause in PUBG for example i have 140 fps and it drops like 50 to 60 for nothing...NO THERMAL THROTTELING. 
My laptop is Liquid Metal repasted. I have like 70 degrees max temperature in any game.

Does this happen when you are plugged in as well? Also, have you undervolted your CPU? Might improve power delivery

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

42 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Does this happen when you are plugged in as well? Also, have you undervolted your CPU? Might improve power delivery

Yes! When it's plugged. I undervolted it... -135 mv ...Stable af. 
Also...when i am in lobby in PUBG my GPU runs at 90 ish %... but when i am in game 60% to 78%. Do you know why?!

asdad.jpg

Just now, paultrandafir said:

Yes! When it's plugged. I undervolted it... -135 mv ...Stable af. 
Also...when i am in lobby in PUBG my GPU runs at 90 ish %... but when i am in game 60% to 78%. Do you know why?!

asdad.jpg

I think it has to do with the objects being rendered, I think the waiting zone loads in more stuff to prepare it to be used in game 

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

I think it has to do with the objects being rendered, I think the waiting zone loads in more stuff to prepare it to be used in game 

In lobby...like before to start a game ?:(

Don't see an issue. It uses power, needs more. A lot of games push the card harder in the lobby which is why a lot cap the frames there now.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if I could get some clarification on the subject I as well have a 1060 but max q and one day just wanted to see what the card was running, temp wise and downloaded afterburner I am getting power limit hit and no load hit when the power limit is at zero so basically just bouncing back and forth from power limit and no load limit  laptops is a hp omen with i7-8750h and gtx 1060max q could i get some help or is this normal for max q cards thermals on gpu never go above 71 degrees c from what I looked up is considered below normal temps when card is pushed to max load