Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Needed. PC Build. i7 7700k vs i5 8600k ?

Hi I am looking to build a PC with the main purpose of coding

1. Running Java Servers,
  2. Running Emulators with Android Studio
  3. Having multiple VMs running at once.

What do you suggest which processor would be better  i7 7700k vs i5 8600k ?

Also which motherboard to go for MSI Z370 Gaming Plus versus an other that you suggest.

Also would a 500W power supply be enough, not really looking to overclock the CPU ?

RAM, I am planning to have 16 GB at first and add more later.

No idea which cooler to go for !!! 

I am not looking to play a lot of intensive games, so which GPU to go for ( initially I don't want to add a GPU because of the added cost ) ?

Currently running a very old Core 2 Due E7500 with 2 GB ram and no GPU, and it is dying a slow death.

Please help if you can.

PS  I am building this PC in India.

The 8600k is flat out better in every way, and cheaper. Even used prices for the 7700k do not favor it. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I5 8600K, VM consumes a lot of the cpu (i have some by miself). Motherboard get the cheapest one with at least 4 Ram slots ,because high price MB despite the comom sense can make your rig go slower, as the RGB consumes some of the RAM (issue for 8 and lower RAM only). Also use 2x8 not 16 except if you plan getting 64 not 32gb of RAM. Power suply i would recomend getting a better one like 600 or 700w,because a better power supply consumes less energy, the reason for that is the power supply heat, if it gets hot because it is near of the limit a part of the energy will  be wasted because it was turned to heat instead of something your pc could use. You can add a GTX 1050TI , a problem i find sometimes running a VM is the need to add more video RAM to stop the vm's lag. Cooler i recomend you to buy at least a 120mm watercooler (future upgrades u don't need it now)