Why is Witcher 3 so overrated?

MyName13

Witcher 3 is boring if u try to rush the quests. I had a blast by simply exploring the world and slowly progressing into the story. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 hours ago, MyName13 said:

It's impossible not to notice the hype surrounding this game, people made it sound like the best game ever made.Everyone keeps mentioning attention to details and yet the game has very few NPCs that are reused in most quests.Every quest is just doing some boring jobs

Either you are trolling, or playing the game wrong. The game has an ENORMOUS amount of elaborate quests, that have real consequences and branches, amazing characters, is beautiful overall (story wise and looks wise). I never knew about the witcher before this game, but it made me want to read all the books and play all the games, because it is THAT good.

BUT - like everything that is amazing and super succesfull - some people wont enjoy it, because its not their style. Its ok, maybe the game is just not for you. For me its just strange not being able to recognize its an amazing game regardless of if you like it or not. The comparison to skyrim for example:

The quests in tw3 are OBJECTIVELY more complex and rich than Skyrim quests, but SUBJECTIVELY you can enjoy skyrim a hell lot more. I like tw3 a way more than Skyrim, yet Skyrim is amazing IMO.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

7 hours ago, MyName13 said:

It's impossible not to notice the hype surrounding this game, people made it sound like the best game ever made.Everyone keeps mentioning attention to details and yet the game has very few NPCs that are reused in most quests.Every quest is just doing some boring jobs (I don't remember this being an issue in TES Skyrim).I have a theory that all this hype was created by bots in order to sell the game, does anyone else think the same?

They made over 130 NPC characters. What the hell are you expecting? Sure it gets noticeable, but at least they aren't fucking monstrosities like Bethesda games. You can also say exactly the same thing about Rockstar, and how they managed to make a character editor that produces nearly identical results every time.

As to doing jobs that's... every RPG. And Skyrim absolutely has that problem, along with being a turd in every other way, and people STILL overhype that game. The Witcher is literally a monster hunter. That's his only purpose. What sets The Witcher apart from crap like Bethesdas "endless quests" is that there's a reason and story behind each one of them.

Skyrim has shitloads of fetch quests. "Go here, do thing, come back. Repeat." No real reason behind them. Did bots hype that game up too? Why does that have like 8 rereleases?

#Muricaparrotgang

Interesting, I've heard the opposite a couple of times.I can't say that the story is great because it's just chasing someone without any progress.Just like Mario, go to place A, she's not there, go to place B, she's not there, repeat.

You check out 2 places. You're chasing someone who jumps through time and space, and there is progression.

I did play it.I also played first two Witchers and realised that they were far worse (Witcher 1 is one of the worst games I've ever played).The combat isn't interesting either, slash-dodge-slash-dodge.

How would you simplify Subnautica and Deus ex 1/  HR?What's wrong with Skyrim?

The Witcher 1 is garbage and the fact that anyone likes it makes me lose faith in humanity. If you don't like the slash, dodge, slash combat, then you obviously also aren't a fan of Dark Souls, the insanely popular game that's created it's own genre. Guess that's also bots overhyping the game.

The combat in Skyrim is crap.

Simplify Subnautica? Not that great.

You crash land on a planet. You run swim around all over the world to find some bullshit to turn off a big gun so you can leave. Toss in lots of grinding and searching for materials.

Deus Ex 1? I honestly couldn't finish it.

You miss all your shots as you clunkily make your way through the levels with bad controls to defeat the NSA. Or the Illuminati. Or aliens. Fuck it, whatever.

Human Revolution? I enjoyed it.

Cyborgs want special privileges and people are butthurt so they fight. The Illuminati try to control all cyborgs. You get a stupid choice at the end of who you want to kill. Expose. Whatever. I may have also mixed that slightly with Mankind Divided, but whatever.

Mankind Divided?

Your endgame choice previously doesn't matter. Cyborgs are now not blacks and jews and forced into internment camps as racists humans beat up the blacks. Cyborgs.

What's wrong with Skyrim? The quests are stupid and pointless and the combat is boring. It's also full of bugs and glitches that Bethesda is too incompetent to fix so they leave it in for "player experience."

#Muricaparrotgang