What should i (try to) make videos about?

ManosMax13

I want to start making youtube videos.But im still a student.What content can create so it is not that time consuming.I would like to create minecraft videos but unfortunately the game is pretty much dead at this point.

3 minutes ago, SethKraota said:

you most likely will never make it big

Buying bots and bribing mods can sure can fix that

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

4 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Buying bots and bribing mods can sure can fix that

7 minutes ago, SethKraota said:

Whatever you have a passion for, you most likely will never make it big but if you're passionate about the topic at least you will be incentivized to put in an effort.

So should i do minecraft stuff that i like or something that will get more views but i hate like fortnite

3 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

So should i do minecraft stuff that i like or something that will get more views but i hate like fortnite

Whatever you want to do.

If you do things that are popular but hate them yourself, no passion will exist within the content and the audience will see that, and you might drive them away. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Minecraft really is far from dead, in player amounts and YouTube video views :P 

If you have a niche (e.g. redstone contraptions, weird survival challenges, etc.) you could still make a lot of original content on that game.

I am not saying you should do Minecraft videos, but I am saying you shouldn't do something just because you think it will be popular. You make videos because you enjoy the subject.

There are very little YouTubers who would say "I am a big YouTuber because I followed the trends", most would say "I made these videos because I wanted to and got a following".

Usually the big YouTubers are small for years before they build an audience. 

But what do I know.. I mean the only YouTuber stories you hear are success stories, not the thousands of others who didn't make it. You should just enjoy what you are making in the here and now.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Only do minecraft videos if you have one or more of the followings:

-Building skills to make pretty and interesting stuff
-Friends with whom you can play and record your "adventures" with.
-Use a bunch of mods or play custom maps with a "story" element to them.
-Have an interesting personality and a lot of stuff to talk about, be it your day or stories that happened to you. (Even more so if you just play regular MC)

-Like @Minibois said, redstone contraption(preferably not just from following a plan online but making your own) and weird survival stuff.
-Have a legit passion of the game and not just in it for the views.

Overall, like @SethKraota said, if you have something you're passionate about, views will come.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

52 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Only do minecraft videos if you have one or more of the followings:

-Building skills to make pretty and interesting stuff
-Friends with whom you can play and record your "adventures" with.
-Use a bunch of mods or play custom maps with a "story" element to them.
-Have an interesting personality and a lot of stuff to talk about, be it your day or stories that happened to you. (Even more so if you just play regular MC)

-Like @Minibois said, redstone contraption(preferably not just from following a plan online but making your own) and weird survival stuff.
-Have a legit passion of the game and not just in it for the views.

Overall, like @SethKraota said, if you have something you're passionate about, views will come.

3 hours ago, Minibois said:

Minecraft really is far from dead, in player amounts and YouTube video views :P 

If you have a niche (e.g. redstone contraptions, weird survival challenges, etc.) you could still make a lot of original content on that game.

I am not saying you should do Minecraft videos, but I am saying you shouldn't do something just because you think it will be popular. You make videos because you enjoy the subject.

There are very little YouTubers who would say "I am a big YouTuber because I followed the trends", most would say "I made these videos because I wanted to and got a following".

Usually the big YouTubers are small for years before they build an audience. 

But what do I know.. I mean the only YouTuber stories you hear are success stories, not the thousands of others who didn't make it. You should just enjoy what you are making in the here and now.

Well im not good at any of those things,i know about them,i can do them,but im not good at them,neither building or redstone.But the thing is with minecraft because its such an old game every video idea has been almost covered.For example,all  the bedwars challenges that i can think up have been done by multiple youtubers.I want something that  is relatively new so i can be original.Its very hard to be original with minecraft.

Whatever you do, don't do something that doesn't interest you. It'll drain you and deter you from bothering with it.

I run a YouTube channel that does tape openings (like the previews at the beginning) and I found it interesting, and stuck with it for a while. It bored me until around a year and a few months ago, where I became one of the first uploaders to post their videos at 60fps.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

8 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Well im not good at any of those things,i know about them,i can do them,but im not good at them,neither building or redstone.But the thing is with minecraft because its such an old game every video idea has been almost covered.For example,all  the bedwars challenges that i can think up have been done by multiple youtubers.I want something that  is relatively new so i can be original.Its very hard to be original with minecraft.

I would disagree with that statement, as people are always coming up with new ideas in Minecraft, in terms of challenges, mods and there are even new updates a lot of the time. 

But if that is not something you enjoy doing, you shouldn't. That was basically what my previous post was about; do something you enjoy doing and you will get better at it and be able to consistently produce videos.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Start with a niche. A smaller unknown game. Then build your niche and expand untill you are larger. 

You have to start small, build your audience and adapt to build it bigger