Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

About to purchase this build, anything to change?

PCnoobie47
 Share

For the past few months I have been looking for some good parts to build a computer with. I have made this list of what I am about to buy and I just want to see what you guys have to say about it. Should I change anything? Or do you think it is good as it is. All help is appreciated. 

P.S - Like the dumbo I am, I forgot to add the hdd to the list. No, I will not be building a computer with an HDD. My bad :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Add a hard drive for mass storage

 

and just an FYI- the gpu has a blower style cooler on it, the temperatures will be high and it will be quite loud 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

its a good build but i just have some questions?  why z390 on a 8th gen i5, no hdd, and why vega?

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Add a hard drive for mass storage

 

and just an FYI- the gpu has a blower style cooler on it, the temperatures will be high and it will be quite loud 

Oh my I had forgotten to add the hdd onto the list, thats my bad. And I did have some questions about the gpu. I chose vega because I heard it was good for the type of work i was looking to do on this computer. Would you recommend another graphics card?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go with a i5-9600k, faster and newer for 15 bucks cheaper according to pcpartpicker. Also the case, based on personal experience, sucks for airflow even if you shove a ton of fans into it. The upside, however, is that it is very quiet. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

its a good build but i just have some questions?  why z390 on a 8th gen i5, no hdd, and why vega?

I just realized I forgot to add the hdd to the list, thats my bad. I chose the z390 as the motherboard because i had heard good reviews on it as well as the intel i5 - 8600K. I chose the vega 56 because I was told that it works well with the type of work i would be doing on this computer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PCnoobie47 said:

Oh my I had forgotten to add the hdd onto the list, thats my bad. And I did have some questions about the gpu. I chose vega because I heard it was good for the type of work i was looking to do on this computer. Would you recommend another graphics card?

What type of work? Vega cards arent bad, just that cooler on that specific card could be problematic.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Go with a i5-9600k, faster and newer for 15 bucks cheaper according to pcpartpicker. Also the case, based on personal experience, sucks for airflow even if you shove a ton of fans into it. The upside, however, is that it is very quiet. 

Ill take a look at the 9600K, and would you happen to recommend any other case? Or brand? Thanks for the info though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PCnoobie47 said:

Ill take a look at the 9600K, and would you happen to recommend any other case? Or brand? Thanks for the info though!

Fractal Design has some good cases in general (the r6, s2, meshify C). The Cooler Master H500P Mesh is also great. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, PCnoobie47 said:

For the past few months I have been looking for some good parts to build a computer with. I have made this list of what I am about to buy and I just want to see what you guys have to say about it. Should I change anything? Or do you think it is good as it is. All help is appreciated. 

P.S - Like the dumbo I am, I forgot to add the hdd to the list. No, I will not be building a computer with an HDD. My bad :P

Is this the amount of money you want to spend?

Ryzen 5 2600, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, G. Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070 Ti, Samsung 850 Pro / OCZ Trion 150, 

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R, Corsair RM1000
  

 
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What type of work? Vega cards arent bad, just that cooler on that specific card could be problematic.

Tons of rendering and maybe some virtualization. If I do need to do virtualization on this computer, im probably going to swap out the cpu for something with more cores. But as of right now, mainly video rendering (and some programming). Also, thanks for letting me know about the airflow on the graphics card, appreciate it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

Is this the amount of money you want to spend?

I definitely don't want this to be some super expensive computer, but I am a little flexible. I would hope it is somewhere between 1,300$ and 1,800$, which is my ideal price range. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, PCnoobie47 said:

Tons of rendering and maybe some virtualization. If I do need to do virtualization on this computer, im probably going to swap out the cpu for something with more cores. But as of right now, mainly video rendering (and some programming). Also, thanks for letting me know about the airflow on the graphics card, appreciate it!

which software for video editing?

 

If it's adobe then Intel. I can't think of any use a more powerful GPU would have for your system since gaming isn't the build's primary purpose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PCnoobie47 said:

I definitely don't want this to be some super expensive computer, but I am a little flexible. I would hope it is somewhere between 1,300$ and 1,800$, which is my ideal price range. 

Thats a pretty big budget. You could do something like this, or cut back on the storage and GPU and lower the price. This is just an example.
 

 

Ryzen 5 2600, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, G. Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070 Ti, Samsung 850 Pro / OCZ Trion 150, 

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R, Corsair RM1000
  

 
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PCnoobie47 said:

For the past few months I have been looking for some good parts to build a computer with. I have made this list of what I am about to buy and I just want to see what you guys have to say about it. Should I change anything? Or do you think it is good as it is. All help is appreciated. 

P.S - Like the dumbo I am, I forgot to add the hdd to the list. No, I will not be building a computer with an HDD. My bad :P

 

I have looked at that specifc z390 moboa few times as well. I am turned off by the color, if that is in fact....brown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wingfan said:

Thats a pretty big budget. You could do something like this, or cut back on the storage and GPU and lower the price. This is just an example.
 

 

This is about the only gigabyte motherboard that has constant good reviews......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.89 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe - FUMA Rev.B 79 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 GAMING SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($102.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX900 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($498.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (White w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($98.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1503.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-31 22:16 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×