let's talk RYZEN 3000

1 hour ago, PurplDrank said:

Anyways before the salty penguin started taking things personally, lets get back to the convo.

I think the 3000's will be a significant performance boost over the cpu you have now. Others in this post have stated that as well. You could get away with an x470 right now. You could use an x470 with a 3000's with a bios update of course.

nobody knows for sure tho

Although its just speculations, AMD's 3700 series are supposed to be 12 cores and 24 threads. The 3600 series are supposed to be 8 cores and 12 threads??? The Zen 2 rumours does make it sound promising but will the 3700x be a huge jump in performance over the 2700x? As for motherboards, will the ASRock X470 Taichi which currently has one of the best VRMs be good enough for the 3700's 12 cores? Assuming it will be 12 cores.

6 hours ago, truecrafting said:

so my doods i wanna ask if it is gonna be worth upgrading from the ryzen 5 1600 to the ryzen 5 3600 if it releases and plan to scrap my b350 too and buy either a b550 or the x570 what you think

We will know more next week, when AMD might talk about that series.

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I'd want people to keep in mind a b350 may limit a Ryzen 2 overclock unlike a X470

Maybe but we don't really know that yet. Have to wait and see what the new stuff brings...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

8 hours ago, Giga Bus Driver said:

Although its just speculations, AMD's 3700 series are supposed to be 12 cores and 24 threads. The 3600 series are supposed to be 8 cores and 12 threads??? The Zen 2 rumours does make it sound promising but will the 3700x be a huge jump in performance over the 2700x? As for motherboards, will the ASRock X470 Taichi which currently has one of the best VRMs be good enough for the 3700's 12 cores? Assuming it will be 12 cores.

I am going to assume all x470 boards with be compatible with the new series with a bios update. This is just a guess though, only a few more days until CES 2019 and we will find out