Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trying to watch a video from a Google video service.

Sonen10

Okay, so this is extremely odd. My main browser of choice is Firefox, and I watch a lot of YouTube including Linus Tech Tips. You know, the video service from Google. And on my laptop, I usually use Microsoft Edge (which is said to be switching to Chromium, oh joy) because I just can't bother with using Firefox, even though I already installed it. I have now switched to Firefox on it, but a glaring issue has shown up. Whenever I use Firefox & full screen a YouTube video, the taskbar is plastered on top of it. However, it doesn't affect Google Chrome, I found that out by installing it while typing this up & full-screening a Pewdiepie video: this one. I thinks it's an episode from poor man's YAIY.  It also won't affect Edge. So, how do I fix this?

13 minutes ago, Sonen10 said:

Okay, so this is extremely odd. My main browser of choice is Firefox, and I watch a lot of YouTube including Linus Tech Tips. You know, the video service from Google. And on my laptop, I usually use Microsoft Edge (which is said to be switching to Chromium, oh joy) because I just can't bother with using Firefox, even though I already installed it. I have now switched to Firefox on it, but a glaring issue has shown up. Whenever I use Firefox & full screen a YouTube video, the taskbar is plastered on top of it. However, it doesn't affect Google Chrome, I found that out by installing it while typing this up & full-screening a Pewdiepie video: this one. I thinks it's an episode from poor man's YAIY.  It also won't affect Edge. So, how do I fix this?

Restart your computer if you haven't already. Windows Explorer can get confused with what should be open over top when in fullscreen mode. If you've restarted, then I have no idea since I have not experienced this myself.

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - Unlimited Calls & Texts + 12GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

19 hours ago, kirashi said:

Restart your computer if you haven't already. Windows Explorer can get confused with what should be open over top when in fullscreen mode. If you've restarted, then I have no idea since I have not experienced this myself.

Thanks! You deserve to click this link.

22 hours ago, Sonen10 said:

Look, I appreciate the effort, but if you're gonna Rickroll someone, at least use the right version.

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - Unlimited Calls & Texts + 12GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 1/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, kirashi said:

Look, I appreciate the effort, but if you're gonna Rickroll someone, at least use the right version.

I think I found out the root of the problem. For whatever reason, it's Minecraft. Yeah, whenever I launch & quit, fullscreening a YouTube video on Firefox just confuses Windows Explorer. That's really odd, because on my main computer (a late 2013 iMac) running Windows 8.1, nothing happens. So, mystery solved. And I'll admit, I think I used the wrong version to you-know-what.

WEATHER UPDATE

Actually listening to that version, it's a very good mix.

Edited by Sonen10
Opinion addition