Acer Gaming Laptop Keyboard Backlight Issue

AMDKilla

Hi guys, I recently bought an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop, and found a bug where the keyboard backlight would turn off after 30 seconds of non-use (it's supposed to happen only on battery, but it now happens on AC power too). It was caused by a BIOS update (version 1.11 for the Ryzen models and has now spread to the Intel/nVidia models with version 1.22). Apparently it is also starting to appear on Predator Helios models too.

Acer are aware of the issue, but have claimed that there is no changes in the BIOS update that would cause this issue. They have said that the only way forward is to take my laptop in for 1-2 weeks without a replacement to see if they can find out what's going on. As it's now starting to affect more and more people, I'm considering sending my laptop in, but I use it daily and to not have something else to use in the meantime is pretty sucky of their technical department.

Anyone else having issues with their backlights? Acer apparently don't consider multiple postings on their own forum as a big enough sign that others are affected too...