Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Stuck On Nonexistent Second Monitor

MrGarlicBreadLord

So basically, I had a game open on my second monitor. I got rid of that monitor. I tried to go onto that game on my now ONE and only monitor, and it thinks its on the second monitor which is no longer there. How do I get it to be on the one monitor I'm using right now? I tried closing it with Task Manager and everything. Nothing helped. Please, it would be great if someone helped me out here.

Try moving the cable for your current monitor to the port of your old monitor while the game is running.

-KuJoe

8 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Here's an answer I pulled from the Microsoft support forums:

"Use the following key combination to switch programs between screens. Detailed instructions: Press and hold the Windows Key then add and hold the SHIFT key. While keeping those two pressed hit the left or right arrow key to move the current active window left or right."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-desktop/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-a-window-between-two/7288c458-cbb6-4231-8772-28be60f0a627

That would only work if the game isn't fullscreen. I know from experience. :(

-KuJoe

9 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Here's an answer I pulled from the Microsoft support forums:

"Use the following key combination to switch programs between screens. Detailed instructions: Press and hold the Windows Key then add and hold the SHIFT key. While keeping those two pressed hit the left or right arrow key to move the current active window left or right."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-desktop/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-a-window-between-two/7288c458-cbb6-4231-8772-28be60f0a627

I just tried this. It doesn't work because it appears I have to see the actual game so I can click on it and then transfer it to this monitor. But I cant see it.