Temperatures after liquid cooling install

plshelp

Hey people,

Just water cooled everything and in CUPID HW monitor im getting 50c average on all cores at idle except for core 4 which is 57c.

and CoreTemp is showing 40.5c average on all cores except for core 4 which is 47c idle.

my specs are i7 3960x stock speeds (not overclocked)

and i have a 1080 founders in the same loop running at 38c idle according to hw monitor, im using EK-Cryofuel coolant and a Freezemod 360mm rad

and using a water block my friend recommended to me ((its here 

) ^^^^^same waterblock as mine)

So im just wondering if there is a seating issue with the block for the cpu, or my radiator is bad or i need new fans because i use cheap 120mm fans for the rad (airflow not static pressure fans) and what temperature should i go off as they are vastly different, also if there is a bubble of air and core 4 isn't having cood contact with the block or something. Im just typing down everything in my head. dont really want to reseat the block at all because im running hardline =/

any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you ?

P.S. my pc is the picture below

image.png

At idle, even crappy fans should have enough air to keep the temps lower than that at idle.

If the fans are on max, does anything change?

Can you increase the flow? The gpu temp is high too, so I wouldn't assume the cpu block is at fault.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

@Mick Naughty

Hi, thanks for the reply,

HW monitor says its 50c idle on cpu 

but i just downloaded realtemp and it says 40c so i think hw monitor is at fault, it is abl;ot 25 room temp here. pretty sure fans are maxed, do you think its the radiator? the pump is 800L/hr .

1 minute ago, plshelp said:

the pump is 800L/hr .

are you sure? thats alot ~ 222ml/s , assume no thing slows it down

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:
7 minutes ago, plshelp said:

the pump is 800L/hr .

are you sure? thats alot ~ 222ml/s , assume no thing slows it down

thats just the pump without any restrictions, so yes, it will slow down a lot, i dont have anything to measure flow rate in my loop. @dgsddfgdfhgs

2 hours ago, plshelp said:

my specs are i7 3960x stock speeds (not overclocked)

also note that starting from that series of intel cpu, it uses crappy paste instead of soldering, so assuming everything else has good contact, would that be the issue here?

Ive run a Prime95 Stress test and the max temp was 59c for the cpu and idles around 43c. with the gpu in the loop.

If the gpu is idling that high, there is another issue. Unless the cpu is dumping that much heat at idle. 

The rad would be enough if it gets any airflow. 

The idle temps are high which make me think something else. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

7 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

If the gpu is idling that high, there is another issue. Unless the cpu is dumping that much heat at idle. 

The rad would be enough if it gets any airflow. 

The idle temps are high which make me think something else. 

Ill drain the loop sometime and reseat the cpu waterblock , or check the cheap waterblock has a flat surface (manufacturing issue) and sand it down if i need, I might have overtightened the cpu mounting hardware?????