I am going insane.

charbel1011

I have a gaming custom pc running for about 2 years now with no problems at all. I have the i7 8700k and 16gb of ram 3000mhz and gtx 1080 ti. No problems at all. But all of suddenly out of no where my mouse lags randomly when I open programs like ICUE or Bethesda launcher. That's sooo weird those 2 programs makes my mouse lags across the screen till I close them. I got brand new ssd and I installed everything freshly and I got rid of my old hdd. I installed brand new windows and the problem was gone. Till I finished playing pubg today and I closed the game to see the mouse doing the same exact thing. I tried to get another mouse same exact problem. It's driving me insane this lag.

How is your RAM and pagefile usage when that happens? That sounds like something pinning resources for few seconds.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

I have a gaming custom pc running for about 2 years now with no problems at all. I have the i7 8700k (...)

That's impressive - you have i7 8700k for about 2 years. Most of us had to wait a year longer. :)

But anyway - if it happens only in one or two programs - check CPU usage when you see mouse lag. It may be 3rd party software problem.

It may be even hardware problem sometimes, who knows, but small probability.

Do not made clean install of system if you have problems - this way you delete all informations that can help with resolving problem (in Event Viewer).

38 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

That's impressive - you have i7 8700k for about 2 years. Most of us had to wait a year longer. :)

But anyway - if it happens only in one or two programs - check CPU usage when you see mouse lag. It may be 3rd party software problem.

It may be even hardware problem sometimes, who knows, but small probability.

Do not made clean install of system if you have problems - this way you delete all informations that can help with resolving problem (in Event Viewer).

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

How is your RAM and pagefile usage when that happens? That sounds like something pinning resources for few seconds.

it tuned out it's a nvidia driver problem rolled it back to a previous version and now no lag.