HTPC Build Comparable to Intel NUC 8 i7HNK

izt_is

Hi fam, my previous HTPC was lost by the moving company in the move (so much mover scams in the US) so now I need a replacement for my HTPC.

Expert PC builder, but with ATX and not Micro ATX. 

I will be watching 4K streams, Netflix, Prime Video and my huge collection of MKVs. No plans for any AAA gaming. The resolution I will be driving is a 4K Samsung TV. Other media streaming devices I have include a PS4 Pro but it doesn't play well with MKV files mainly due to the limited audio format support and al less than stellar video player. 

Looking to spend no more than 1100. The less the better.

Need recommendations for CPU, Board (MSI fan but not locked to brand) and a nice ITX Case. Silence is golden so going for quiet too. 

Thanks!!!

I love the look of the NZXT H200i.

My next build will be going into it. As for a parts list, i'm the same. I don't know much about ITX systems. You also mentioned you needed 4K Netflix, and I believe that's exclusive to Intel(yeah...bullshit).

Any gaming at all? it may be helpful to throw a low end GPU in there for shits nd giggles. Something like a 1050.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

12 minutes ago, izt_is said:

Hi fam, my previous HTPC was lost by the moving company in the move (so much mover scams in the US) so now I need a replacement for my HTPC.

Expert PC builder, but with ATX and not Micro ATX. 

I will be watching 4K streams, Netflix, Prime Video and my huge collection of MKVs. No plans for any AAA gaming. The resolution I will be driving is a 4K Samsung TV. Other media streaming devices I have include a PS4 Pro but it doesn't play well with MKV files mainly due to the limited audio format support and al less than stellar video player. 

Looking to spend no more than 1100. The less the better.

Need recommendations for CPU, Board (MSI fan but not locked to brand) and a nice ITX Case. Silence is golden so going for quiet too. 

Thanks!!!

This is a pretty compact build, SFX powersupply, m.2 PCIe drive,and a 2 TB SSHD in case you need to throw on mass storage but you don't want a slow harddrive. I have a Firecuda SSHD right now and, so far, it performs fantastically. It's quite close to SATA III drives in terms of performance.

Here's the case, it's pretty non-intrusive. You can always get an NZXT h200 with the TG panel and all that but this would fit in anywhere

51Sxk-AfzSL.jpg

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Thank you all so far. 

Leaning towards an Intel build for now.

Might throw in a GPU, 1050Ti or above I think. 

How good are Iris Plus 655 graphics if I do NO gaming at all?