Amazingly fast Lightroom and Photoshop PC

mRoy62

I'm looking for some advice on this build for LR and PS use: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yztb6s. Would I be better off upgrading to a i9-9900k? Would I see any difference in real world usage if I went with the tried and tested i7-8700k? I'm not planning on overclocking. Ultimately, I want a fast and quiet PC that will last me 4 to 6 years so saving a couple of hundred bucks (when amortized) is not that important at this stage - that said, I don't want to waste money either. If you have the time to comment on pros and cons I'd really appreciate it as I am a little out of date with the current PC component's market.

A 9900k will be faster for Lightroom exports, but not much else.

At the same clock speeds, the difference between the 8700k, 9700k and 9900k will be within the margin of error for most tasks in PS and LR.

One thing I would change from your build is upgrading to a much better cooler, and offsetting by changing to a cheaper Aorus board.

The dual 970 Pros aren't necessary. Unless you are going to run them off a PCIe M.2 card, you're going to be bandwidth limited through the DMI with two NVMe drives. Additionally, neither PS or LR will hammer your drives with sustained writes, so there will be no difference in performance compared to a single 970 Evo.